ABS II no servo looking for another trick

More importantly you need to remove the sheathing off the loom from the front of the frame to the instrument cluster / warning lamp panel

Inside you will very likely find brown wires meeting at corroded Grey / Green Clumps

These will be the communal earth points and they need separated and cleaned and soldered and wrapped

Sheathing has been removed, check post #10

Doesn't look like water was staying here long enough to corrode

Is this corroded for you?

BTW it's not working, and before cutting everything I'll check with a 21W bulb just to be sure.

Finally I've found a 12V 45W for the tests. The Green/Brown and W/Black, the two coming from the lower bulb are good from top to bottom.

From the beginning

to the end

All the browns ones too, those for the 4 bulbs of the instruments.

Just a thought………

You haven’t got LED bulbs fitted have you. They are polarity sensitive unlike filament bulbs.

Hmmm, you're right. I was going to buy a LED one and found myself bringing back a filament bulb :blast

But as said before in this thread I need to use something that will need power for testing the connections. The low power consumption of a LED or an ohmmeter will not be a good indicator of a possible corrosion problem.

Or do you have another thought?

A while ago there was a popular trend in fitting LED’s to replace the standard filaments in the instrument and the warning lights. Not a particularly good move for some warning lights. I was just wondering if your bike had been modified to LED’s which are polarity sensitive. Put them in the wrong way around and they don’t work.

From memory, I think the standard fitment is the indicator warning (x2) and neutral lights (x1) use 12v 3w bulbs (drawing 0.25 amps) whereas all the other warning lights are 12v 1.7w (drawing 0.14 amps)

I think the ABS and lamp warning bulbs should be 1.7w so they draw less current from the ABS control unit to operate.

They are all standard filaments bulbs.

For those who will need to have a look at the electric diagram about those ABS bulbs, I've down a little RTFM

What do you think they mean by "screen" there?

Houston...

On this 2000 bike, the lower ABS lamp is supplied by Gr/Br wire, then comes out the bulb a W/Black wire which goes to the ABS unit.

I had juice on the Gr/Br, but no ground on the W/Black. So I went up the W/Black to discover that the job is not finish yet.

The W/Black coming from the lower ABS bulb

Any smart suggestion will be welcome.

Fix all the wires

Hmmm not sure I'll be able to fix the brown one from it's beginning :duno

Houston.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

check the ABS circuit board for burning

It should be OK because before, when driving the bike around, making a LH u-turn turned the upper light off and ABS was then working.

Steptoe may have some spares lying around

OK so will just wait.

Found the guilty one

Ground on the gearbox not screwed in. At all...

Under the fuse box it looks OK.

In the harness, not really.

At least it will be time to change all the outer sheathings for better ones. Wonder if the thermo-sheathing will be a good idea for those big ones?

Back
Top Bottom