Sunglasses Pouch

camphair

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm off to Norway at the end of this month and I'm wondering if any one has ever came across a pouch that will mount onto their bars to allow them to take off their sun glasses and stash them when riding through the tunnels?
I know there's loads of bar bags etc out there but they all seem to be way bigger than what I need.
The most suitable thing that I've came across so far is the Kriega Harness Pocket.
I've also tried using a case from a monocular or a first aid kit case but either didn't have a velcro strap or the strap was too short.
Doesn't need to be anything fancy or waterproof.
Also, I'm not using a tank bag.

Think outside the box.

Opticians carry a range of spectacles cases. Drop into a few shops and hunt something out that suits. Then find a way to stick it on your bike.

My Ray-Bans have a case with a fold over top:

https://sunglassrepairs.co.uk/produ...LVM8SeDAVRnpXP7iTEzifdJa8ipTtBxRoCNocQAvD_BwE

find something similar, cut the top off if necessary. Ebay has a load of them, probably fake but that won’t matter.

Think outside the box.

Opticians carry a range of spectacles cases. Drop into a few shops and hunt something out that suits. Then find a way to stick it on your bike.

My Ray-Bans have a case with a fold over top:

https://sunglassrepairs.co.uk/produ...LVM8SeDAVRnpXP7iTEzifdJa8ipTtBxRoCNocQAvD_BwE

find something similar, cut the top off if necessary. Ebay has a load of them, probably fake but that won’t matter.
I've actually got that very case.
Mucked about with it a bit today but thought it was maybe a bit too flimsy and would make it awkward to get the glasses into it whilst riding.
Thinking I could maybe just get a hard case from specsavers etc put four holes in it and zip tie it on.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

If you look at the 4th case from the top in Wapping’s link, that looks like a hard case?

Just use a bar bag, ideal for glasses and passport, toll money, credit card etc. So easy at the tolls. Alternatively any hard glasses case from the local optician, normally free for customers, drill a couple of holes and zip tie for the journey .

I never really understood this problem. And I ride with sunglasses 99% of the time.

Most tunnels are lit enough that you can ride through with glasses (at least standard RayBan lenses). Worst case scenario, lift your visor and pull a bit your glasses down your nose for the duration of the tunnel. You can look over the lenses for 2 minutes. Easier that faffing with a case...

Your initial observation of a Kriega harness pocket is perfect.

It has three straps, so very secure (I use one) and can place it on yourself or the bike, either like a bar bag, but personally mine goes on the outside of the right handguard, but I only use it when stopped for change/whatever.

Worst case scenario, lift your visor and pull a bit your glasses down your nose for the duration of the tunnel. You can look over the lenses for 2 minutes. Easier that faffing with a case...

...and less dangerous than trying to fish out glasses and get them back into place whilst wearing gloves.

I never really understood this problem. And I ride with sunglasses 99% of the time.

Most tunnels are lit enough that you can ride through with glasses (at least standard RayBan lenses). Worst case scenario, lift your visor and pull a bit your glasses down your nose for the duration of the tunnel. You can look over the lenses for 2 minutes. Easier that faffing with a case...
I pretty much ride with sunglasses all the time with the visor open but in Iceland I struggled a bit in the tunnels with sunglasses on. Almost like a strobe effect which seemed to make me a bit dizzy.
As far as I know there's some pretty lengthy tunnels in Norway.
Also tried the pulling the glasses down etc. coming off Mt Teide in the dark.
Ended up the rim of the glasses was right in the middle of my line of vision and was probably just as dangerous as riding with them on.

That is by far the easiest route, not least as the world is not full of tunnels.

The other person I'm going with has bought a couple of the kriega pockets I mentioned earlier.
Once I get it I'll post my thoughts on it.
Thanks for all the info.

Back
Top Bottom