Starting problems R75/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am having problems getting 75/6 to start so hoping some knowledgeable person can help. I know some of my questions may cause derision from some sectors but hey ho this is my first airhead.
I have checked its not a fuel problem as I have fuel to both carbs and a recent compression test gave me 130psi on the left side and 128psi on the right, valve clearances have been checked all correct, points gap correct and static timing set. A question about the timing marks is I have three lines at the S mark and I used the middle line is this correct?
So my thinking is its an electrical issue:
Started looking at the wiring on the coils and my setup is green/black from terminal 86 on starter relay to positive terminal on LH coil, black from negative terminal on RH coil to condenser. The negative terminal on the LH coil is connected to the positive terminal on the RH coil, there is also a second lead on those inside terminals (negative to positive). This as far as I got today and will get my multimeter out tomorrow but just thought I would check on the above first.

So you’ve checked and there’s no spark at the plugs ..

What my post should have said yes I did check and no spark.

I have sorted out the no spark problem - replaced the HT leads.
Can anybody confirm which S mark to use, there are three and the procedure in my Clymer is confusing at least to me it is !
Cheers
Paul

Just found a well hidden reference on a Snowbum article which states to use the centre mark as the one above and the one below are used for factory reference only. Looks like I will go for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom