Flip Front Helmets Test

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
126f8429e6e52f4083078ebb927f378d.png

5d8efbbf0fcfc73e62d377a0d13448a6.png

8db1f71859acb1f14d13407ea69280d4.png

7515c2078afba403ec04c4a4b13037d5.png

I have the RPHA. Very good helmet but I prefer my Nexx Latitude, purely because it is quieter.

Interesting what they say about the Scorpion Exo-Tech. It's been my commuting and trail riding helmet for the last 3 years, and I find it comfortable (comfort in a helmet is a very personal thing I guess). I love the fact that I can use it "open face" when trail riding, or in towns on hot days, but full-face on fast roads and motorways. It is noisy tho. Shame someone doesn't perfect the design, and make a higher quality helmet with the "full flip". I always go for this on my CRF300 as the speeds are lower and the open face is great for trails.

My Schuberth C3 has done similar mileage, and the better quality of the lining and fittings is evident. It's also much quieter for long distance higher-speed touring (I used it for Spain and Portugal earlier this year). My GF really prefers me to use the C3 as the comms is much less affected by wind noise too (on the intercom).

Thanks for taking the time to post the article :okay

My everyday helmets has been a Schubert M1 1400 grams and a BMW GS helmet 1450 grams the extra weight of my latest Schubert C5 1665 grams is very noticeable…

I wasn’t intending to buy a £500+ helmet it was a C3 pro offer that had got me into the shop but they did a deal on the C5 at £384

It’s a good helmet that performed well on a wet and shitty, many hours motorway trip so it gets a thumbs up from me but the benefits of it being a flip and one that is legal to ride open are for me minimal, for me it’s just been when filling up or short less than 20 mph moving about stuff.

I see it gets a good 'quite' score but I wouldn’t describe it as wow that’s quite…

Visor and drop down sun visor are top notch, which has been the case with my previous Schubert J1 & M1…

I recently bought a new Neotec 2 & the sena comms kit. My 1st flip up helmet, so I went to Motolegends for a fitting to make sure of fit/comfort/function etc.

Have to say I'm delighted with my purchase....probably the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn, and I gave it a thorough testing last month in France.

I bought a Schuberth C4 instead of a Shoei Neotec 2 because I am a tight git and the Schuberth was considerably reduced and also because of its alleged quietness.

I have regretted my decision ever since....its not quiet at all. The C4 model I have was subsequently withdrawn from sale, modified and reintroduced as the C4 Pro.

.........buy cheap, buy twice.

Back
Top Bottom