New to GSA

Lard

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

Intro'ing myself as just registered - my bike is ready for collection on Saturday (2019 GSA Rallye) and I'm trading in my R1250RS and finally managed to get into the bike I probably should have bought 5 years ago :)

Now starting to see what bits I can transfer over and what I need to buy to get it back up to touring spec - use my bikes for commuting and at least one tour per year, just got back from a great week in scotland and decided it was time to swap into something a bit more suited for the rougher roads than the RS (which was epic on all but the most undulating tracks!)

Welcome to the fold, I too am collecting a 2019 GSA Rallye on Saturday from Bahnstormer, I am finally letting my 2008 GSA go that I've had for 13 years after being attracted by the bells and whistles of the newer models. I hope this new bike is as good as my last.

I suspect a few folk cant find their PCP balloon payments recently as the network dealers seem to have plenty on their hands, none of them cheap.

Oh nice - I'm in the morning so will wave if I see you also collecting one! Did you happen to get the bike they had with the Akra? If so you may have pipped me to the post as was gone when I called up to put a deposit on it last weekend :)

Agree on the not cheap either! Also slightly miffed as I queried the relative high price of the one I selected compared to other 2019's to be told that it was due to a couple of K's less miles, only to decode the VIN and find that it should have had the HP exhaust that some unscrupulous person had removed from the bike, I assume before handing it back/trading it in - was not impressed as suspect that's why the one I selected was overpriced based on it's accessories from factory, when one of them was replaced - I queried if it was the right bike in the photo's as seemed to be missing the HP exhaust but they seemed non-fussed about it

I’m in at 10 am to collect the bike.

Mine is just a Rallye TE with a top box, I paid extra for panniers as my old Hexhead ones are the wrong way round. It has a few bling items on it like Gilles pegs, the front silver panels have been resprayed black and the seats are blue topped not all black (I presume swapped with a 1200 as I’ve never seen another with blue seats). The screen is not a GSA touring screen for some reason it’s a plain GS screen but a mate has one I can have plus he wants to swap the black panels for his silver ones (He has a 2022 triple black bike). I believe the bikes first owner was from Barrow in Furness.

The bike I really wanted had full luggage, Nav, tank bag and low miles but was sold just before I rang them.

A friend went in to purchase a GSA , last week, ( triple black ), and the wait was only 2 weeks. Quite surprising really.

Back
Top Bottom