Simple and cheap voltmeter.

mspenz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
http://www.sparkbright.co.uk/sparkright-eclipse-battery-voltage-monitor.php

I have fitted one of these each of my bikes, a KTM 690 Enduro and a Yamaha S10, totally simple yet effective.

Just recently I was having the amber light on my S10 come on at random times when riding so it prompted me to connect a DVM to the battery while out and about , this showed that my battery was dropping below 13.2v and at one stage it spiked to almost 16v and the red light on the LED alternated between red and green, exactly as described.

Tested the stator and it was reading exactly as should but I couldn't get a proper reading from the regulator so...New Mosfet Billet regular from RM Stators fitted as well as an upgrade battery and now the voltage is staying constantly between 14.35 and 14.38 with LED running lights and Garmin Zumo XT working, when I switch these two items off the voltage rises slightly to 14.40v.

If I didn't have this cheap little LED indicator fitted then I'd have cooked my battery and possibly also the Stator.

Little tip, keep them away from HID ballasts etc as the RF can affect them

:thumb2

http://www.sparkbright.co.uk/sparkright-eclipse-battery-voltage-monitor.php

I have fitted one of these each of my bikes, a KTM 690 Enduro and a Yamaha S10, totally simple yet effective.

Just recently I was having the amber light on my S10 come on at random times when riding so it prompted me to connect a DVM to the battery while out and about , this showed that my battery was dropping below 13.2v and at one stage it spiked to almost 16v and the red light on the LED alternated between red and green, exactly as described.

Tested the stator and it was reading exactly as should but I couldn't get a proper reading from the regulator so...New Mosfet Billet regular from RM Stators fitted as well as an upgrade battery and now the voltage is staying constantly between 14.35 and 14.38 with LED running lights and Garmin Zumo XT working, when I switch these two items off the voltage rises slightly to 14.40v.

If I didn't have this cheap little LED indicator fitted then I'd have cooked my battery and possibly also the Stator.

Little tip, keep them away from HID ballasts etc as the RF can affect them

:thumb2

On the strength of this Mike I ordered one for my Royal Enfield Himmy in August. It never came, three emails and three times Andrew replies saying he had forgotten to post. Emailed him yesterday and he returned the money in to my PayPal :eek:

So I don't know what the problem is ...

:beerjug:

Have a word with AO services. He's a bit quaint and uses cheques but really knows his stuff.

Back
Top Bottom