TFT now blank!

Carlosfandango

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve got a 1250RS 2021 and I’m in the middle of France with a blank TFT, it boots up but then goes blank, any suggestions how to fix it? Luckily I have a Sat Nav so can see my speed, but fuel range has been challenging to say the least. BMW assistance has been good got someone out within an hour in Chartres, but his only remedy was to send the bike to a BMW workshop next Tuesday, I need to be back in England Monday. It has been hot here in France but we cannot get the thing to work, oh for a set of clocks, any thoughts?

Thoughts? If it boots up the screen is working so I’d be looking elsewhere. JJH

I can, and will ride it, but I’ve also lost my indicators and horn, so looking for solutions to stay safe and work out my fuel stops. I’ve still got brake lights luckily. We passed a large transmitter on the autoroute near Orleans, my friends Sena comms packed up at the same time, coincidence?

I would do no harm .to disconect the battery for ten mins then reconnect.it might work it might not

Everything you describe is indicative of the harness becoming disconnected at the rear, feel behind the screen for the wiring harness it’s one plug that should be pushed fully home, if one side becomes disconnected the fault you describe occurs, the same fault is present when the screen is stolen.
Here is the plug.

Attachments

• 65C858E1-0380-4254-971B-B9D61F3E146E.jpeg
    65C858E1-0380-4254-971B-B9D61F3E146E.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 350
Can’t help with he screen but your sat nav should have a trip meter on it which will solve your fuel problem.

Also some newer ones have the facility to tell it what your usual range on a tank is and it will remind you when to refuel.

Good luck :thumb2

Got home just fine, 500 miles with no Speedo, didn’t concern me at all, good job I had a sat nav though, arm signals on a motorway were fun at 80 mph

see , it wasn't a drama ....

if you position yourself , well on the road , good drivers will anticipate your actions . signals can therefore be small .

glad you got home safe

Tried that, nothing doing, it’s gone to the dealer - new TFT required, be fixed within a week, to be fair they lent me a bike S1000xr, it was shit, took it back, I’d rather ride my Firestorm

Ah - I had a S1000XR loan bike from North Oxford Garage - pleased to have tried one, but definitely not for me, I never realised just now high they are. Also a completely different feel to the boxer. Fast and buzzy.

wow the usual tedious non helpful comments when an OP asks a simple question. It wasn't about how to overcome the iue, it wa why and or how to fix the issue. So unhelpful to fill the posts with derogatory comments. Well done OP for ignoring the usual and getting home with common sense

Hi, I didn’t find the comments an issue, bike now fixed, problem solved, no drama, I’m always grateful for input from the forum, I’ve had some useful tips in the past.

Back
Top Bottom