First service cost

[/B]
I don’t believe this is accurate, at least in relation to motorcycles. What makes you think this so?
Alan R

From the factory the filter is smaller (not as deep) and the indentation pattern on the outer edge is different requiring a different tool. Not sure if that's due to a different specification for running in or just because they have a huge stock.

From the factory the filter is smaller (not as deep) and the indentation pattern on the outer edge is different requiring a different tool. Not sure if that's due to a different specification for running in or just because they have a huge stock.

Screenshot 2022-06-18 at 15.02.17.png

The small filter is the .541 which you will recognise from the oil heads.

Do you need a new filter on every service! Of course not. But it's been ingrained into the psychie that you do.

It used to be common to do a filter every second service. And that's when motors were far dirtier.

Selling a bike is just the start of the commercial model for dealer networks. Aftersales is where the money is made.

So it seems BMW do less on the running in service now but still charge the same...or more

Or... if they are happy to take your money for a new bike sale, how dare they not accommodate you for the very small service that allows you to ride it?

Accommodate you how ?

Should they leave an empty slot in the diary that someone might be desperate for just in case you want to show up for a service without booking ?

Perhaps they should tell the tech he can't have his dinner break one day because you want your oil changed !

Or maybe they could employ extra staff just for you. Sitting poised and ready awaiting your call. Like a Spitfire pilot during the battle of Britain. Just waiting for that bell to ring so they can rush out with a new oil filter in hand.

Some would say BMW riders have a misplaced sense of entitlement. I wonder where the stereotype comes from !

Williams in Manchester, been using them last 3 years
Halliwell Jones have started but as of last week only had one tech, the Ellemere Port ones apparently transferred to KTM

Many thanks

Thanks for the info Halliwells just quoted me £203 for 600 mile service

Just checked my GSA 600 mile service, which was Sept last year by Williams in Manchester. It was £150 and included engine oil and filter, final drive oil, associated seals and environmental charge. I remember them saying when I went to pay, that because I had bought the bike from them, they automatically apply a 50% discount on the first service.

Bike booked in for running in service Thursday at Williams Manchester , I shall see what gets done

I took the £900 for 3 years servicing option. This includes the running-in service.

4 week wait at Sycamore…

Don’t come down South. Vines charged £261 for my 1250GSA first service.

Running in service done today....£100 as agreed on purchase
Oil AND filter done
Not rear drive oil though
So nearly as per schedule

Allan Jefferies - 600 mile service 1250GSA = £0.00 and that was without even asking. :thumb

Just got quoted £80 (at cost) for first service for new GSA from Barrie Robson York.

You won’t get better service than from Robsons.
I bought my current bike from Coopers in Sunderland and took it to Robsons for all its service work. Always felt guilty that I didn't buy it there. So I've just bought a new GSA from them. Good guys at Robsons.

Back
Top Bottom