2010 twin cam lowering footpegs

mpgscott

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks,

So has a question with regards to potentially trying to increase my Sargent seat height. As this isn’t an option some good suggestions have been to look at lowering the footpegs.

With this looking for suggestions as there are lots of options out there. Quite like the idea of the GSA wider pegs and looks like nippy Norman sell a set that are also lowered. Think they are around £179 so are there any cheaper alternatives? Don’t mind spending if they are good, however always value everyone on here’s experiences which are always good to go on.

Thanks as normal for any thoughts.

Cheers
Mark

I have always bought Fastway pegs from Nippy`s for all my bm`s since 1996 - bigger, slightly lower - sad to see they have dropped off the list. The Vario type are advertised as " up to 50mm" so could be the goto option.

I had the same issue after fitting a Sargent seat, my knee angle was too tight. To fix this I bought a pair of used hexhead GSA footpegs from eBay, cut the lug off the side and drilled out the opposite side to accept a stainless steel stepped spacer boss I made on the lathe at work and then pressed in and reamed the bore for the centre pin. It dropped my pegs about half an inch lower and moved them backwards about half an inch.

In hindsight I should have kept the modified pegs and refitted the original pegs before I part-ex'd the bike last week.

The Gilles Tooling pegs I found to be an exercise for CNC machining. They look nice but you pay for that.
They are not very strong , over complicated and if not dismantled and serviced regularly the stainless fittings corrode badly against the aluminium.
Mine were already cracked when I was given them so had to weld them.
Had I not ended up with these I would have lowered a pair of stock GSA pegs.

The Gilles Tooling pegs I found to be an exercise for CNC machining. They look nice but you pay for that.
They are not very strong , over complicated and if not dismantled and serviced regularly the stainless fittings corrode badly against the aluminium.
Mine were already cracked when I was given them so had to weld them.
Had I not ended up with these I would have lowered a pair of stock GSA pegs.

Chris, my new 1250 came with Gilles (BMW) lowered adjustable alloy footpegs with spring-loaded rubber footpads, presumably fitted by the last owner. They are different models to the anodised ones BMW sold for the 1200 models as an accessory. Darren at Bahnstormers told me a while back that they (the earlier ones) crack and had to be withdrawn from sale, they had a cracked one sat on the service reception desk to show people.

Have you a photo of the yours that cracked that I can compare ?

I'm using these by SW-Motech https://sw-motech.com/en/products/ergonomics/footrests/4052572039274.htm On a GS, as opposed to a GSA, they give you either 15 mm or 30 mm of lowering. Moving the brake pedal to suit involves more engineering that I can muster but a Wunderlich extender plate made it accessible and lowering the gear pedal is a challenge but can be done. I now have the saddle on the high setting front and rear which is adequately comfortabe for my 36" inseam.

I'm using these by SW-Motech https://sw-motech.com/en/products/ergonomics/footrests/4052572039274.htm On a GS, as opposed to a GSA, they give you either 15 mm or 30 mm of lowering. Moving the brake pedal to suit involves more engineering that I can muster but a Wunderlich extender plate made it accessible and lowering the gear pedal is a challenge but can be done. I now have the saddle on the high setting front and rear which is adequately comfortabe for my 36" inseam.

Here are a couple of photos of the pegs. excuse the grease (function over form) they had cracked around the bottom clamping bolts.
pk1NLDu.jpg
[/IMG]
H2lcuOG.jpg
[/IMG]

I read on another forum about the potential for Pan European pegs fitting from earlier bikes. Anyone any experience on fitting these and if so which year works?

Many thanks
Mark

Bought a set of fastway footpegs when over in the states and fitted them yesterday, what a difference really improved comfort. Thanks for the recommendation really pleased with them.

Back
Top Bottom