Holyhead to ABR Festival, Ragley Hall, Warwickshire

landmarkjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone with local knowledge got a view on my proposed route down to ABR? Will be getting off the ferry at 06:00 on Friday 24/06.

Googles first choice is dual carriageway A55 across to M6 then south. I was thinking to avoid the tedium of motorway and don't mind adding an hour or so for a bit of scenery or a nice road so I'm looking at A5 but it says there is a bit of roadworks... TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 20.06.43.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 20.06.43.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 366
If I was doing that route I would detour south welshpool Knighton then tab left to Worcester and done.

The basics are there, still too much dual carriageway and straight A roads. Give this a try, its a ride through Wales, so don't waste it!

Attachments

• Holyhead route.jpg
    Holyhead route.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 340
When are you going back? If leaving on Sunday I wouldn't miss a route through Snowdonia. Make sure you're running WAZE nav if the weather is nice....bound to be a camera or two during a route like those posted. I don't mind them generally but they do love to put them where you can drift to 10 over while you're enjoying the scenery and not staring at the dash. Anyway, lets not change the subject :D

Give this a try, its a ride through Wales, so don't waste it!

That's great, thanks for your time.

When are you going back?

Heading to that London on Sunday to visit a recently bereaved friend who lost is wife (didn't get to the funeral). Route home is motorway all the way to Pembroke :-/ :(

Belting route that :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I might even have a go building it in BASECAMP although it will probably take me longer than riding the actual route :D:D:aidan I bet there's lads on here that could build that route in 10 minutes :augie be awfully good for future generations of ABR goers

On the way back, take the same route but take in Craven Arms and Welshpool instead of Newtown and Mackynlleth. :thumb2

Thanks to Watty and contributors. I rode this route on Friday early AM and is was very enjoyable and quiet for a lot of it.

Thanks to Watty and contributors. I rode this route on Friday early AM and is was very enjoyable and quiet for a lot of it.

Great route that John and it's the one i would have used. On your original Google one you would have come within about 15mins. from my place at Overton.

Great spending time with you at the weekend John and i look forward to doing it again :thumb2

Great route that John and it's the one i would have used. On your original Google one you would have come within about 15mins. from my place at Overton.

Great spending time with you at the weekend John and i look forward to doing it again :thumb2

Yes Tony, good craic had by all. I hear you're in the market for a proper pair of Adventure boots. What size? :D :D :thumb

Good to see you at ABR John and we'll catch up over a beer Leenane.

Sure thing :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom