Amok Draumr 5.0 XL

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got one? :nenau I’ve just ordered one along with the air mat, tarp and metal poles / sticks. :thumb2 I hope it gets here this week so I can try it in the Forest this weekend. :D
They do look good / easy to use. :thumb2

I like the look of them. They look the most comfortable of hammocks as you can sleep more or less flat and on your side.

Would like to hear how you get on with it.

I already have one of the Haven lay flat hammocks and that’s ok ( tried it last Saturday night in the forest ) but want to try the Amok one too. :thumb2

Attachments

• 52310FED-BE28-486E-BCA9-4AFF4BACA7EC.jpg
    52310FED-BE28-486E-BCA9-4AFF4BACA7EC.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 32B2DA3E-2C0A-43B4-9BFF-F878A65EE787.jpg
    32B2DA3E-2C0A-43B4-9BFF-F878A65EE787.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 86DFEA4C-D971-460B-B0B3-226FB5DD897A.jpg
    86DFEA4C-D971-460B-B0B3-226FB5DD897A.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 187
Apologies for reviving an old thread, but how did you get on with the Amok ?

I’m considering one myself.

Many thanks,

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely brilliant bit of kit. :thumb2 Getting in and out is definitely a learning process to start with but after a few goes it gets much easier. Once you work out where your arse needs to be it’s easy. I’ve not flipped myself out yet! Comfort wise it’s brilliant.:clap Because I got their thermal sleeping mat I’ve never been cold.
Setting it up is a piece of piss too. That’s if you’ve put it away correctly.:D Just hook the one end in and walk backwards to the second tree while it unravels itself out of the storage bag. Another quick clip, a small adjustment and job done.:thumb2 They are colour coded to the tarp so even I couldn’t go wrong. :D Airbed slides in from the bottom and it’s ready.
Chair mode takes a bit of practice but you can stay nice and warm in your sleeping bag while you slurp your morning coffee. Tea is for girls.
The tarp is nice and light, a good shape but being honest it feels a tad on the small side. I’ve not gotten wet but it always looks like you could if the wind picked up. You can always drop it down so it’s closer to the hammock to ensure you stay dry but then you lose any views. The bug net is great because it’s held away from you. A few handy storage pockets too.
Would I get it again….. definitely! :thumb2
I much prefer the Amok Draumr 5 XL over my Haven XL. The Haven is great but more restrictive and if you drop the tarp down and use the duffel type clips you get a bit of moisture. Not much but you don’t get any at all with the Amok. :thumb2
Postage was blisteringly quick from abroad too. :thumb2 A lot quicker than most businesses manage over here! :blast
Hope that helps. :thumb2

Absolutely brilliant bit of kit. :thumb2 Getting in and out is definitely a learning process to start with but after a few goes it gets much easier. Once you work out where your arse needs to be it’s easy. I’ve not flipped myself out yet! Comfort wise it’s brilliant.:clap Because I got their thermal sleeping mat I’ve never been cold.
Setting it up is a piece of piss too. That’s if you’ve put it away correctly.:D Just hook the one end in and walk backwards to the second tree while it unravels itself out of the storage bag. Another quick clip, a small adjustment and job done.:thumb2 They are colour coded to the tarp so even I couldn’t go wrong. :D Airbed slides in from the bottom and it’s ready.
Chair mode takes a bit of practice but you can stay nice and warm in your sleeping bag while you slurp your morning coffee. Tea is for girls.
The tarp is nice and light, a good shape but being honest it feels a tad on the small side. I’ve not gotten wet but it always looks like you could if the wind picked up. You can always drop it down so it’s closer to the hammock to ensure you stay dry but then you lose any views. The bug net is great because it’s held away from you. A few handy storage pockets too.
Would I get it again….. definitely! :thumb2
I much prefer the Amok Draumr 5 XL over my Haven XL. The Haven is great but more restrictive and if you drop the tarp down and use the duffel type clips you get a bit of moisture. Not much but you don’t get any at all with the Amok. :thumb2
Postage was blisteringly quick from abroad too. :thumb2 A lot quicker than most businesses manage over here! :blast
Hope that helps. :thumb2

Brill ! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a Draumr XL Thursday past. Never had a hammock before, looking forward to the balancing act 😳

Bought a Draumr XL Thursday past. Never had a hammock before, looking forward to the balancing act 😳
Great choice! They’re certainly NOT a “ normal “ hammock. Very easy to find the balance point and there’s definitely a big one too. You’ll love it! :clap There’s virtually no pressure on your knees like you get with a traditional hammock. That’s why I looked for a different option. Certainly not cheap but worth every penny.:thumb2
Did you get the tarp and sleeping pad?

Great choice! They’re certainly NOT a “ normal “ hammock. Very easy to find the balance point and there’s definitely a big one too. You’ll love it! :clap There’s virtually no pressure on your knees like you get with a traditional hammock. That’s why I looked for a different option. Certainly not cheap but worth every penny.:thumb2
Did you get the tarp and sleeping pad?
Thanks Udders, yes bought the tarp, little sticks and the winter sleeping pad to match. I’ve a big can that I intend to covert to a camper so it’ll hopefully be used in the back of that until I get the van conversion finished

Yep, exactly what I ordered too. :thumb2
It’s not going to fit in a van though!

Mmm, not sure about that. Doubtful. Possibly. :nenau I guess you’ll find out soon! :thumb2

Mmm, not sure about that. Doubtful. Possibly. :nenau I guess you’ll find out soon! :thumb2
Good news. Amok arrived yesterday. Tried it in the van and it works a treat. Much more comfortable than my old carp fishing bed/chair

Oh excellent! :clap I’m surprised it fits though. They are so much more comfortable than a traditional hammock.:thumb2
See what I mean about the huge balancing point too. They are very stable.

Oh excellent! :clap I’m surprised it fits though. They are so much more comfortable than a traditional hammock.:thumb2
See what I mean about the huge balancing point too. They are very stable.
Well used at this stage. Great nights sleep! The reflective heat from the winter mat is amazing. Proper pillow from the spare bedroom for use in the van. I’ll seam seal the tarp soon and get out in the woods soon. Can’t wait to get use of it outdoors over the winter. Best nights sleep I’ve ever had camping

I’ve not seam sealed my tarp and it’s been 100% waterproof. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom