Like a new bike.....

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
After having a few problems with a shockingly bad throttle were my 2020 ZE was just about impossible to ride in sport mode even with a Wiz flash, it's been cured. I was considering taking it to CJS for another ECU flash and rolling rode tune up.

I took it to my buddy Nathan Strefford at Streffords in Worcester who went over it with a fine tooth comb. If anyone has used them before you will know they are good old fashioned workshop and do a brilliant job on just about anything.

Nathan has a 2020 ZE himself which when he bought it, he insisted on doing the PDI himself and not letting a Yamaha dealer anywhere near it.

Anyway, he synched the throttle bodies perfectly (Yamaha dealers apparently don't do it too well) and took all the play out of the throttle.

He also found the rubber hose going into the evap was twisted and just about blocked and had probably been like this from new which would suggest the suppling dealer only gave it a cursory check over.

The result is one transformed S10 which now rides as it should. Very smooth and responsive on the throttle and smooth even around town on S mode and out on the open rode, she takes off really nicely.

I'm one very happy owner and happy to recommend Nathan for any work on your S10. Mine won't be going anywhere else that's for sure!!

That’ll be a relief then.
Had similar symptoms on my Gen 1. Cured by synchronised throttle bodies, turning fixed air screw out 3/4 turn and resetting TPS and APS within tolerance. Not sure which one did it or a combination of all three, but now super smooth like Chris and his bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad you have had it sorted out properly Sgt Bilco, they are pretty good bikes, aren’t they? I’m off to the ferry at Harwich on Saturday to wander around Europe for 10 days :okay

Glad you have had it sorted out properly Sgt Bilco, they are pretty good bikes, aren’t they? I’m off to the ferry at Harwich on Saturday to wander around Europe for 10 days :okay

Yep, they really are a great bikes and highly underestimated. Those who know......know:cool:

That's great, nicely sorted and it must have made a huge difference .
I didn't think that the newer models suffered nearly so much from the surge so well done to Mr. Strefford for thinking it out :thumb2

Yup, I know...:cool:

Properly underrated bikes. I've had mine for 6yrs and often think of changing it but then ride it and wonder why bother!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Properly underrated bikes. I've had mine for 6yrs and often think of changing it but then ride it and wonder why bother!

+1 for me too! I am currently into day 3 of a 9 day trip to Germany, I was in Luxembourg on Sunday, Nordlingen yesterday and I’m im Schonwald tonight ��

+1 for me too! I am currently into day 3 of a 9 day trip to Germany, I was in Luxembourg on Sunday, Nordlingen yesterday and I’m im Schonwald tonight
Have a great trip!

Back
Top Bottom