Hot weather trousers

gspod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi
Looking for any recommendations for hot weather trousers.
Must be robust with decent knee/hip armour and outside boot fitting. They’re for a trip rather than trail riding.
I’m looking at Revit and Klim but at £350 I was wondering if there was anything out there with a similar spec at less money.
Many thanks

Not sure of the specs for the modern equivalent, but I have an older pair of HG Tuareg trousers which, without the lining, are nice and light. Easy to wear, armoured and waterproof so no faffing if there's a shower.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Sorry, I should have said very hot weather trousers ie. mesh or similar
Thanks again for any recommendations

I have some Dainese mesh ones, with hip and knee armour, which I wear on jaunts to the continent during the hot season.

Comfortable and breezy, come with a detachable waterproof liner (pretty pointless) but I've removed that and take over trousers should it turn to rain.

Overall I'm happy with them. Can't remember where I got them, either Infinity, J&S or Sportsbikeshop.

I have a Wolf jacket and trousers, it’s the outlast stuff that is supposed to to keep you cool or warm!
The thermal and waterproof liners zip out and they are quite light with several zip openings for ventilation,
work ok in warm UK temperatures, never been to hot southern climes so can’t comment on that.
Seems well made and is comfortable to wear.

Al.

I wear Dainese New Drake Air textile trousers,

They are fairly tight fitting and a bit elasticated which means that they are extremely comfortable on and off the bike and they hold the knee and shin armor in the right place (the even fit tosser shaped riders), I wear them outside touring boots

The thigh vents work well

Womens version also available if needed

My old BMW Savanna2 suit was excellent in hot weather, it was like a coarse mesh fabric with long zipped sleeve and body vents in the jacket (plus goretex drop-in liners like the twat suit). The trousers were also very cool in hot weather. It was freezing to wear as a complete suit in anything but warm weather as the wind went straight through it.

I took the Savanna2 kit on a trip via ferry to northern Spain expecting heat but it was fecking freezing and pretty wet every day. As they were old fashioned and faded and the liners leaked I threw them in a skip in a fit (my worst mistake ever) and put on my warm dry streetguard kit for the return leg via France, when the sun immediately came out and I boiled.

I am intending to buy an armoured mesh jacket for future hot weather riding with my old army Goretex jacket as a waterproof slip on layer. I will probably just wear my Kevlar reinforced Draggin' jeans or else buy some well vented armoured textile trousers.

I have Held Ravero Gore-Tex Textile Jeans mesh and leather on slide areas. Plus a goretex liner that can be used inside or as a outer layer. they are on offer at FC MOTO

Have used Rev'it mesh trousers for years, highly recommended.
Yeah...... I agree

I have the Rev'it Airwave pants and the Rev'it Tornado jacket.

Hard to beat for the price IMHO

S20 5G sent this......

I've just bought the Klim Marrakesh trousers to go with the jacket - Bloody brilliant at keeping you cool. Add a set of the Scott waterproofs and that's all you need..

Thanks for all the replies.
I’ve got a pair of Klim trousers that have great vents which I will take so I don’t need waterproofing but, I do want mesh trousers as well. Looks like Revit airwave 3 are good at a low ish price. Marrakesh have brilliant reviews but too pricey for me.

I wear Dainese New Drake Air textile trousers,

They are fairly tight fitting and a bit elasticated which means that they are extremely comfortable on and off the bike and they hold the knee and shin armor in the right place (the even fit tosser shaped riders), I wear them outside touring boots

The thigh vents work well

Womens version also available if needed

I wore these on a couple of hot weather European tours. Very comfortable, though the knee/thigh vents are a bit clumsy and ugly.

I also always wondered how well they’d fare in a tumble…

What size are you looking for? I have a pair of Klim Marrakesh trousers (black) which are labelled Regular length (with 32 waist, fits my 34 just fine) so they should be 32 leg but they are actually 33 1/2. I think Klim put the wrong label in. I've taken them up with simply removed stitching but I'd rather have a pair the right length and I'd also prefer the grey ones to match my jacket so could be persuaded to part with them if they'd fit you....drop me a PM if interested.

After 300 miles yesterday in 28C (including a couple of hours filtering trying to get back over the Severn :mad: ) I can vouch for the comfort of the Marrakesh gear.

I should also add that these have only been worn twice since we've not had much in the way of hot weather since I bought them and I haven't been able to do my annual Sud Ouest trip during Covid.

Having now had a chance to compare mine with a new pair of Marrakesh it appears that the label is indeed correct and it's just that Klim's idea of 32" is somewhat on the conservative side. Whatever, they're now in Buy & Sell at what has to be said is remarkable value - £150

Having now had a chance to compare mine with a new pair of Marrakesh it appears that the label is indeed correct and it's just that Klim's idea of 32" is somewhat on the conservative side. Whatever, they're now in Buy & Sell at what has to be said is remarkable value - £150

Hi, sorry only just seen this - too small I’m afraid. I must say the reviews for the Marrakesh are gushing.

Back
Top Bottom