Sena 50s issues

mw3230

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I tested my newly acquired Sena 50s on a ride yesterday. I couldn't test the MESH as no other MESH users were riding but I was able to test the Bluetooth intercom. From the outset I noticed that the clarity and sound of the incoming 'chat' was much improved over that of the 20s Evo I was previously using. Range seemed to be about the same with the signal dropping out over uneven ground as expected.

One frustration however is the 50s App which I had downloaded to my phone. It seems that the recommended method of pairing with other Sena users is to allow the app to search in the vicinity for them and then to select each identified intercom set which are shown on the App (to a max of 4). They are then available to pair/connect. Great in theory but the problem I experienced was that the app persisted in freezing after connecting one other intercom to mine and consequently I was unable to add anyone else into the conversation.

I've confirmed that the App and the Sena are up to date

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so, do you have a solution; or have I missed something and is my problem down to operator error

The solution in my experience is to pair them the old way from the headsets to the headsets

once paired they will show in the app

the mesh thing is V god and IMO is even clearer than BT but it eats through the battery at a faster rate than the BT

The solution in my experience is to pair them the old way from the headsets to the headsets

once paired they will show in the app

the mesh thing is V god and IMO is even clearer than BT but it eats through the battery at a faster rate than the BT

Thanks, useful info

Back
Top Bottom