Fuel pump problem

scubamouse

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My GS1150 has been park in the garage for 3 years just got it out to sort out and the fuel pump is not whining with the ignition switch turned on

Checked the fuse and it was blown replaced turn ignition on and it popped again is this the relay or am I looking at a pump issue?

Most posts I have found say seized pump can this be unseized or do I need to replace? Do they still make make one and where would be the place to get one

Thanks

Mick

My GS1150 has been park in the garage for 3 years just got it out to sort out and the fuel pump is not whining with the ignition switch turned on

Checked the fuse and it was blown replaced turn ignition on and it popped again is this the relay or am I looking at a pump issue?

Most posts I have found say seized pump can this be unseized or do I need to replace? Do they still make make one and where would be the place to get one

Thanks

Mick

Fuse blowing 99% confirms it's a seized pump. It's a sealed unit.

Available new, plenty of options, look on ebay.

Thanks Steptoe

Just looked on eBay and there are so many.

Could I be rude and ask for your opinion don’t want to waste my money and time getting one that won’t fit correctly or will fail after a short time.

Thanks

Mick

Found this on eBay and not sure what the flat white disk is for any ideas.

Looks like it should work and a few places all selling the same the same item.

Mick

Attachments

• 40CAA59B-E5CB-4168-A38E-2A7884500969.jpg
    40CAA59B-E5CB-4168-A38E-2A7884500969.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 441
Didn’t somebody once say an Audi car pump was identical? Can’t remember the Audi model but I’m sure someone will say, much cheaper apparently.

Thanks for all the help

Got one ordered from Maxpeedingrods for £28 ground from another question on fuel issues

Mick

Will I need crimp clamps to replace the two pipes connected under the sender unit or will normal clamps work?

Watched a video on how to and he use crimp clamps on the two pipes?

Micky

It’s all going wrong

Removed the sender unit today and it’s not looking good wire broken on earth and anti vibration rubber disintegrated.
Going to need a replacement I think have put a wanted post for a sender unit.

Picture enclosed for entertainment and what happens if fuel left in tank for two years

Micky

Attachments

• 289F1706-1A3C-4862-8796-82B38D04DB9E.jpg
    289F1706-1A3C-4862-8796-82B38D04DB9E.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 288
Silly question Will R1100 RT fuel pump assembly fit in a gs 1150 tank?

Can not find a GS1150 assembly

Mick

Silly question Will R1100 RT fuel pump assembly fit in a gs 1150 tank?

Can not find a GS1150 assembly

Mick

Tough call!

The unit is sold as a complete item “petrol gauging unit” and has different part numbers. It could be that the only difference between the R1100RT and the R1150GS is the float and arm. The float and arm are different across the entire R1100/R1150 range to cater for different tank sizes.

Probably the only way would be to compare them together.

Not sure if this helps? this is the unit out of my 2004 R1150RT.

Attachments

• 20220729_170543.jpg
    20220729_170543.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 193
Got a replacement sender unit now need to replace the two internal breather pipes where is the best place to get SAE J30 R10 fuel hose?

Motorworks have them but £26 each just looking to see if I can get them somewhere else before biting the bullet.

Going to have replaced every part of the the sender unit and hoses by the time I get it back on the road.

Lesson to me for not leaving fuel in the tank for to long.

Mick

Back
Top Bottom