Interesting news for travellers...

Imagine that ... announced at the same time as the SNPs referendum plans! I am shocked at the coincidence!

Zeebrugge/ Bruges has apparently been very keen for a ferry link to be re-established since P &O pulled the plug on the Hull route, lets hope it happens as it will have the Belgian authorities support

its a long long crossing that.

I am with the pessimists, but hope to be proved wrong.

I suspect the success or otherwise will depend pretty much on freight traffic. This will in turn depend on the relationship between crossing times and rest periods.....perhaps there may be a truck driver who can help?

On a purely selfish level I hope it works.....an hours journey at the end of a holiday as opposed to 4 hrs is a very attractive prospect. Much as I enjoy the DFDS experience, I also very much enjoyed the Superfast offering while it lasted.... I also have to say that cost is not one of my major concerns.

I'm not sure how many European trips with a pillion and a heavy bike I have in me....I might have more idea next month after my return from Loch Garda....but anything that makes it easier has to be good.....I always rather enjoyed going under the Forth Bridge trying to spot loose bolts....

We'll see....perhaps it will be easier for a motor home after I admit defeat...

Yep. It will be hard to demonstrate it could be better than DFDS from North Shields to Ijmuiden.

And I live near Rosyth.

At least there would not be the utter PITA of driving south through the Netherlands , i would consider it and I live near North Shields

At least there would not be the utter PITA of driving south through the Netherlands , i would consider it and I live near North Shields

I agree. That whole lump of the Netherlands has to be about the worst bit of any European trip? A depressing start to any journey.

Especially with the new speed limits...

I am with the pessimists, but hope to be proved wrong.

I suspect the success or otherwise will depend pretty much on freight traffic. This will in turn depend on the relationship between crossing times and rest periods.....perhaps there may be a truck driver who can help?

On a purely selfish level I hope it works.....an hours journey at the end of a holiday as opposed to 4 hrs is a very attractive prospect. Much as I enjoy the DFDS experience, I also very much enjoyed the Superfast offering while it lasted.... I also have to say that cost is not one of my major concerns.

I'm not sure how many European trips with a pillion and a heavy bike I have in me....I might have more idea next month after my return from Loch Garda....but anything that makes it easier has to be good.....I always rather enjoyed going under the Forth Bridge trying to spot loose bolts....

Loch Garda is good today. We had 34 degrees ! I had to drink beer to keep hydrated in Riva. Lots of beer. :D

Oh, and as for the ferry, if it didn’t work last time why will it work now ?

SNP and the Greens are at it is my opinion, they say it will start with a freight only crossing in 2023 and may go to a passenger crossing later. I will not hold my breath

Get your hip done, then get a lower Harley for comfort..and your own colours waistcoat of course, then you, Doc and Khulu head off on a road trip :D
Would certainly make an entertaining ride report :beerjug:

Get your hip done, then get a lower Harley for comfort..and your own colours waistcoat of course, then you, Doc and Khulu head off on a road trip :D
Would certainly make an entertaining ride report :beerjug:

Excellent idea. Need to work on the beard a bit or buy a temporary one, this would be good, flowing in the breeze

Attachments

• sharp-dressed-man-beard.jpg
    sharp-dressed-man-beard.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 215

Back
Top Bottom