ISTA+

Well it’s connecting through E-Sys now but steadfastly refuses to work in ISTA. Edibias failure ffs!
Won’t change the FA though. Now have 520 on the build but fogs still aren’t working

Almost have ISTA-D working but there’s still a lingering issue with the connection
“Faulty ICOM connection” apparently
Side note - anyone know the Salapa code for fog/aux lights as I can get Esys to read/write

Well it is 562.
Managed to get E-says to load it to the FA
E-Sys can’t read the FD though.
It’s showing now in ISTA-D as on the build however they won’t come on.
Pull side off to check all the wiring on the left and that’s fine.
So stuck as to what it is.
There is an issue though with ISTA when doing the initial check.
Get “error in testmodule ABL_GES_AT8400_M2MSIM_INFO” then “terminal voltage” and finally “faulty ICOM vehicle connection”
Repeat everything according to the screen instructions and get the same thing each time.
Also get “ignition not found” even though it’s on and it’s connected to it.

Well it is 562.
Managed to get E-says to load it to the FA
E-Sys can’t read the FD though.
It’s showing now in ISTA-D as on the build however they won’t come on.
Pull side off to check all the wiring on the left and that’s fine.
So stuck as to what it is.
There is an issue though with ISTA when doing the initial check.
Get “error in testmodule ABL_GES_AT8400_M2MSIM_INFO” then “terminal voltage” and finally “faulty ICOM vehicle connection”
Repeat everything according to the screen instructions and get the same thing each time.
Also get “ignition not found” even though it’s on and it’s connected to it.

Chinese clone ICOM? You using a power supply?

Not a Chinese ICOM clone.
E-net cable.
4A 14v power supply

4A is low, my bike regularly draws up to 10AMPS but I doubt that is your issue. Maybe a dodgy e-net cable.
My bike a 2016 so I cannot use an e-net cable.

Are you trying to code it through e-sys too? Wondering if you missed a step.

This vid may help

I have a brand new e-net cable and my previous one that worked fine.
BOTH do exactly the same thing. Both exhibit that “fault” so it’s not the cable.

I'm getting a "PSdZ Error"
"Np FP could be generated from FA "". [C00]
Not all elements of the FA were found in the FA2FP: Type code 0M01
Zeitkriterium 0720
SALAP 18B
SALAPA 5AD
SALAPA 5AE
SALAPA 5AF
SALAPA 8CA
[72]

According to ISTA-D, thats MSR(dynamic engine brake control), cruising light, multifunctional indicator lights, multifunctional indicator lights II, EU Content.

So WTF is blocking it generating the FP?

I have a brand new e-net cable and my previous one that worked fine.
BOTH do exactly the same thing. Both exhibit that “fault” so it’s not the cable.

I'm getting a "PSdZ Error"
"Np FP could be generated from FA "". [C00]
Not all elements of the FA were found in the FA2FP: Type code 0M01
Zeitkriterium 0720
SALAP 18B
SALAPA 5AD
SALAPA 5AE
SALAPA 5AF
SALAPA 8CA
[72]

According to ISTA-D, thats MSR(dynamic engine brake control), cruising light, multifunctional indicator lights, multifunctional indicator lights II, EU Content.

So WTF is blocking it generating the FP?

You using the lite or full version of PSdZ data?

Reading the notes in e-says there’s a lot of functions that it blocks when “motorcycle “ is selected

I always use the full and change the following On the "OPTIONS" Tab Uncheck the boxes for "Update VCM after TAL execution" and "Update MSM after TAL execution".

You're using a launcher right?

The issue is that I cannot do anything at all with either ISTA or E-sys.
I’m trying at least to be able to activate the additional led fog lights.
They’ve written to the FA and show in ISTA but there is no way to code the module as ISTA fails because it states there’s a faulty ICOM connection.
E-says fails as it won’t let you activate the FA to code as it says it can’t generate an FO as per what I put above.

Two different bikes and two different cables so it had to be a software issue unless there’s an obscure hardware setting for the usb Ethernet adapter but that’s brand new as the previous one isn’t supported in windows 11

Complete reinstall sounds in order

ISTA is a brand new install onto an external hard drive purchased from a dedicated supplier and BMW programming business.
E-sys is obviously a download but installed clean onto another external drive with just that on it.

ISTA is a brand new install onto an external hard drive purchased from a dedicated supplier and BMW programming business.
E-sys is obviously a download but installed clean onto another external drive with just that on it.

It's very easy to find online without having to buy it. Something is wrong so sounds like you need to reinstall

Back
Top Bottom