Latest map update - possible problems

Happened to me a few weeks ago.
I too had updated the sat nav before leaving, I was thinking about new speed limits etc, it was fine in Holland and Belgium but when in France- nowt, yet as soon as crossed border back into Belgium, fully functional sat nav 5 again.
Now back in UK and still working fine.

Is there a roadmap ;-) to the fix for this Europe North / South map only getting North after an update on a NAV V?

Heading to France in a couple weeks so I figured best to check the maps....

Seriously though, what is the fix? I need France

install all maps to pc or mac, and then send the desired tiles/sections to your nav using basecamp.

Europe Maps fixed on NAV V with MAC OS

I cracked it on my NAV V by doing a fresh install of Garmin Express on my MAC.

Issue was only Europe North after previous map update. So no Spain and no France for starters! UK and Ireland were OK.

I had a clue in that Garmin Express was not updating to latest version from within the application on the MAC.

So I did a fresh install after removing previous Garmin Express as detailed in the instructions here from the GARMIN support site. There was a bit to this, finding the files in directories and dragging them to the trash bin.

After the fresh install of Garmin Express I connected my NAV V and registered it using my Garmin account detail email address. Then I clicked on reinstall map. Now I have North and South Europe installed.

Back
Top Bottom