R1150 GSA high mileage

ajcarr44@aol.co.uk

Reaction score
Hi, currently own an 1150gsa with 110k mile, just wondering what parts would be a good idea to replace as looking to take her on more long trips. Bikes running great and no problems as such just thinking ahead, many thanks, Ashley

Hi, currently own an 1150gsa with 110k mile, just wondering what parts would be a good idea to replace as looking to take her on more long trips. Bikes running great and no problems as such just thinking ahead, many thanks, Ashley
Gearbox bearings, Hall sensor, clutch slave, clutch, final drive bearing, coils List could go on and on

If it ain't broke.... Don't fix it.

I'd do the drive box bearing , the big one , and the hall sensor , the only 2 reasons my bike has been on a breakdown truck in 100k miles ( bike has 131k on it )

This ∆. No need to rush into anything if the bike is running fine. If you're off out of western Europe then who knows? Fuel pump and internal fuel pipes, shocks, Paralever bearings, wiring?

VERY IMPORTANT Replace the Male Fuel pipe disconnects if you haven;t already seems at their age now they are very brittle on a few I have had in for servicing

I would recommend doing a full service / Inspection we;; before you intend to go! Keep an eye on the gearbox and rear dive oils for sparkles, Obviously if you have sparkles you have a problem

Check the wiring on the hall sensor for cracking and consider replacing it ASAP and check the Alt drive belt while you are there

Other than that? Carry a new big bearing and seal and O ring and a litre of GL5 spec gear oil Rubber hose and U bend are cheap enough to have an very easy to hide in the parts

Even it £500 for hall sensors and all the spares? Consider the spend as an Investment in the bike that has carried you that far already !

And realistically spending the time and money before you go? Means that the likelihood of a Tow truck moment is significantly reduced as you have checked replaced the hall sensors and IF the big bearing does start to go you have the means with you to replace it

Only things that have let me down in 83k (1150 single spark) are the clutch slave cylinder (35k) and hall sensor (72k). I've changed the bevel bearings, ignition switch harness, fuel pipe connectors, internal fuel pipes and clutch slave again as preemptive maintenance.

Back
Top Bottom