MOTOSCAN - Useless without 4g/wifi - Won't recognise license. Is this new ?

MotoRevive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have the most expensive and complete version of Motoscan. Ultimate. I've been using it for my business for a few years. It was great.

I noticed a problem when I tried to do a diagnosis a bike which had broken down in a supermarket car park.

The version on my phone said I had the basic version. I was perplexed. So I couldn't help the guy out as all the "paid for" features were unavailable.

When I got home (and had wifi), the app again showed I had ultimate. Weird.

I have noticed now that if I am in a region without data or wifi, the app will only show I have basic motoscan. It needs to connect to their server to update the license. EVERYTIME. And not just phone signal. You need decent 4G.

I've contacted Motoscan and they are unhelpful. They said to click "Update license" in the app to tell refresh the licence. But without mobile data, you can't.

So if you're travelling abroad or in a region with no data, the app is useless for anything bar basic features. You could read a fault code. But you can't delete etc.

This surely changes things for people who think it's a tool for "In the field" repairs.

I presume MOTOSCAN have done this to stop people using one account on multiple devices.. Before this you could have downloaded the app onto multiple devices with the same google account and leave it offline.

Time to look into a new GS911 I think.

Yes, it does seem to check the license each time you start the app, mine tends to say “MotoScan Lite” for a split second before showing “Professional”

Not been a problem for me as I just use it for servicing my own bike at home but I can see how it could be for you

Yes, it does seem to check the license each time you start the app, mine tends to say “MotoScan Lite” for a split second before showing “Professional”

Not been a problem for me as I just use it for servicing my own bike at home but I can see how it could be for you

Thanks for letting me know. I was going crazy thinking it was my phone.

Disappointing from Motoscan.

Back
Top Bottom