usb charging point

fizzer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
if using the usb charging point ,right of the tft dsh ,charging my phone,no problem as long as phone is switched off.
now then if i am using google maps and the phone is plugged into the usb its loosing charge all the time its plugged in.
if the same is done on an earlier bike with a std accessory plug the phone will charge to max,with or without google maps running on the phone.
my question is can the usb plug thats fixed to the bike be changed to a std accessory plug type.
is it just a case of taking of the multi plug and changing the fitting.

I’ve solved the problem by using a Quadlock smart usb adaptor

I’ve solved the problem by using a Quadlock smart usb adaptor

Try using a different cable.
A cable is not just a cable, they are rated for different charging current, and the cable may be the limiting factor.

That is a poor way to resolve.
Nippy Norman or Ali express allow you to change your aux bmw hella socket for a dual USB socket which will supply 2 Amps. More than enough for what u need.

Sounds odd. I did two days in Scotland at the weekend and used / charged my phone with no issue at the same time using the dash usb socket. Check your charging lead?
Barry

A cable is not just a cable, they are rated for different charging current, and the cable may be the limiting factor.

did this ,,,,,was using a cheaper apple lighting cable to charge the iPhone 12, no charge through the socket, changed to the proper OE Apple cable and it charged.

Have tried this before, and the same cable on my old din+optimate 1250 bike was fine, not so on the new bmw usb.

after having a bit read ,it just seems thats just the way they are typical bmw not fit for use.
so i have just orderd one of these,i will lop the plug off and hard wire it to my battery

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403602110706?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

Not fit for use? BMW provide you with the connected app GPS system which might use fewer phone resources, if you choose to use Google maps then that is hardly BMWs fault. You could always go and buy a Honda and then you would not have to put up with the typical "not fit for use" BMW.

Not fit for use? BMW provide you with the connected app GPS system which might use fewer phone resources, if you choose to use Google maps then that is hardly BMWs fault. You could always go and buy a Honda and then you would not have to put up with the typical "not fit for use" BMW.

Well its not fit for use is it .I can't even charge my phone if is switched on .only way it will charge a phone is to switch it off completely. Oh and yes I am using the cable that came with the phone .not an ebay job.

It charges my Samsung s21 direct and via quadlock wireless charging.
A fully charged phone running satnav and spotify via Bluetooth into my helmet lasts me easy 8 hours with phone down to about 70%.

Back
Top Bottom