Google maps to XT

daviedevs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know this has been asked and demonstrated a gazillion times already....but im not sure what is going on with my maps.

I plan a route on google with say maybe 8 or 9 locations/waypoints. Saves as KML...converts to GPX and sends to basecamp. Then its sent to my unit and pops up as a route..not a trip. I convert it to trip and it imports into trip planner. I press go and the satnav decides that my waypoints/junctions etc are wrong and tries to send me the most direct route, totally ignoring all the twisties etc that I planned on google maps.

Is there a solution or am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Is there a solution….

Yes.

1. Don’t plan in Google maps.

2. Plan in something like MyRoute, MapSource or BaseCamp.

3. Try this video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uoO1Vg0zOpM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy solution -- download Garmin Explore, free, and you can plot your own routes using waypoints along the way. You don't have to be bang on, Garmin will interpolate for you .
Works very well on off road routes also. After you create a route, takes seconds to download onto the Garmin.
Hope this helps.

Yes.

1. Don’t plan in Google maps.

2. Plan in something like MyRoute, MapSource or BaseCamp.

3. Try this video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uoO1Vg0zOpM" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That video says use google maps?

That video says use google maps?

It was a joke.

Use Google maps, if you don’t want to use MyRoute, MapSource or BaseCamp.

Have you tried the method shown in the video?

Have you tried using Google My Maps?

3c4274131e5720a797e19e15dd9d5c37.png

Have you tried using MyRoute, MapSource or BaseCamp?

Fixed points, created by you on a route, which you have told the software you want to go through.

Yes, added junctions and locations to the route, saved as KML..convert to GPX, send to device. Still sends me most direct route.

It was a joke.

Use Google maps, if you don’t want to use MyRoute, MapSource or BaseCamp.

Have you tried the method shown in the video?

Have you tried using Google My Maps?

3c4274131e5720a797e19e15dd9d5c37.png

Have you tried using MyRoute, MapSource or BaseCamp?

Will have a play...basecamp was far too complicated when I tried..and yes that video was the one I first used.

Try MyRoute. It’s been absolutely faultless for about 3,000 km around the D roads France, using an iPad / iPhone / XT.

The app doesnt go on pc?

The MyRoute Navigation app and Garmin Drive app both go on your phone.

1. Create route in MyRoute either on your PC or within the MyDrive Navigation app on your phone.

2. Open the MyDrive Navigation app on your phone and navigate the route….. or……

3. Send the route from the MyDrive Navigation app on your phone, to the Garmin Drive app on your phone and from there to your XT.

It is as easy as 1,2, 3….. Trust me.

There are lots of very good videos and the MyRoute webpage is full of help, as is their forum.

The MyRoute Navigation app and Garmin Drive app both go on your phone.

1. Create route in MyRoute either on your PC or within the MyDrive Navigation app on your phone.

2. Open the MyDrive Navigation app on your phone and navigate the route….. or……

3. Send the route from the MyDrive Navigation app on your phone, to the Garmin Drive app on your phone and from there to your XT.

It is as easy as 1,2, 3….. Trust me.

There are lots of very good videos and the MyRoute webpage is full of help, as is their forum.

Thanks, but I am a ludite with phones..phones are for calling people with. Hence I want to be able to do it from my pc.

OK.

Create the route in MyRoute on your PC.

Save it to a folder on the cloud.

Open the folder on the cloud on your phone and send it to the Garmin Drive app on your phone. From there, send it to your XT.

Or….. create the route on your PC. Open it in the MyRoute Navigation app on your phone and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom