Garmin Smartphone Link

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How do I turn off the (constant and annoying) notifications - the beeps through my SENA are very irritating.

Thoughts please :thumb

Just delete Garmin Smart Link from your phone is my advice. It’s crap anyway. Its traffic and/or roadworks data is often weeks (literally) out of date and it has no other useful function, apart from flattening the battery in your phone three times faster…

It works extremely well for me to be fair.

There is a “notifications” settings menu in your sat nav.
Disable all or the ones you don’t care about: easy.

It works extremely well for me to be fair.

There is a “notifications” settings menu in your sat nav.
Disable all or the ones you don’t care about: easy.

Have you not experienced the pit of date traffic data and silly re-routing? In my experience it’s been going on for months - so much so that I never trust any of its suggestions any more.

Have you not experienced the pit of date traffic data and silly re-routing? In my experience it’s been going on for months - so much so that I never trust any of its suggestions any more.

I generally ignore the smaller/shorter re-routes, but it has proven useful a few times while traveling in Europe a few time helping navigating around major traffic and saving significant time.

I also find the weather info kinda useful (even if a bit “sparse”) again when traveling as it gives you an idea of when you are gonna ride into rain (imagine a 500/800km leg) during your day and re-route/plan accordingly.

POIs search (hotels, etc) seems to be better if you have internet data.

Lastly, when using the sat nav for a/b navigation in London, I find it quite handy to be able to beam the destination directly from my smartphone.

Back
Top Bottom