Aftermarket speedo

Doc

Let's Av It
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Coming home yesterday my rev counter stuck on. Once I had stopped back to normal.
My mate who has the same also did it whilst away.
I think a few of you lads have also got the same after market one.
Anyone else had this problem ?

Attachments

• 20220622_083431.jpg
    20220622_083431.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 151
Not noticed a problem with mine.........yet! Saying that, mine is just the black faced mph version, no kph, but I expect the "workings" are the same.:nenau

Yes I have had it happen a couple of times.

Only seems to occur if you switch the bike on, then start it before the needles have had a chance to complete their sweep of the face and back (not sure I've explained that quite properly but hopefully it makes sense!)

On each occasion it has rectified itself when the bike was left switched off for a bit.

Hope that helps

Yes I have had it happen a couple of times.

Only seems to occur if you switch the bike on, then start it before the needles have had a chance to complete their sweep of the face and back (not sure I've explained that quite properly but hopefully it makes sense!)

On each occasion it has rectified itself when the bike was left switched off for a bit.

Hope that helps

I will make sure I do that next time as I sometimes don't.
Cheers

a quicky ................can you get these to fit a 2006 Fat boy ? Ta

Hopefully this will open on the relevant page, if not it's page 672 of the 2020 H-D Big Parts Book (the latest available I think) After a quick scan it would appear you may be out of luck.:mad::nenau

2020_Big_Book_Internationall%20(1).pdf

(edit: looks like you may have to download the book file)

edit again; if you scroll down to the foot of Jersey H-D home page there are links for free catalogue downloads; https://www.jerseyh-d.com/

2006 fat boy for sale then. ;)

Sounds like a book big enough to beat someone to death with...Deservedly so.:D

I always fantasise about beating a burglar to death with a very large copy of the bible that belongs to my wife...

Why on earth would you want a tachometer on a Harley.:confused:

Take no notice. His Harley still has drum brakes.;)

There's nowt wrong with the brakes providing I apply them an hour in advance.:D

My speedo mists up as well, and on reflection it's ironic it's called a 'speedo' on such a machine.
To quote Big Si, "It's aspirational".:D

Back
Top Bottom