Re-Paint/Custom Paint

Moosehead84

Reaction score
Has anyone repainted their GS/GSA or made it into a replica (Dakar for example?)

I’m debating repainting mine, I like the battleship grey R1250 or try a whole new colour scheme. Just seeing if anyone has done it and are there are any pics from those brave enough to do it…..

Dan

Just a thought.... What about having it wrapped. Not something I've considered but could be an option..

I did consider it but (I sound like an old man) longevity is a worry….

Have a look at Martin Edition bikes from Germany

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190318-211715_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190318-211715_Samsung Internet.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 316
  • Screenshot_20190318-211638_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190318-211638_Samsung Internet.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 316
One thing I would say is if you do a full on Dakar paint scheme it may well cause issues at trade in time or when you come to sell as it will not be to a main dealers taste or that of many buyers.

I personally would go for a secondhand set of bodywork and have it painted or go down the route of having it wrapped

Not in the "theme" you are after, however...... (and it was pre it being an instagram wanker thing) I wrapped my 1200GSA in black, its very straight forward process to carry. The only slight annoyance is the loss of the factory r1200 beak sticker if I ever revert it, I also know it can go back to stock in an afternoon if I wish. I am sure a local company could sort you out, they have moved on leaps these days

I’m potentially thinking about going for a light blue/grey beak and panels with an off white/silver tank sides….. and replace the R1200 decals.

Back
Top Bottom