SW Camping Weekend.... subject to availability.

Madmountainman

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just spotted a fantastic little campsite down near Torpoint and there's the added bonus of a superb cafe that serves some fine looking food.
So, we have camping with toilets and showers, breakfast and lunches, with pizza's on weekend evenings, all you have to do is bring your own beer!
I currently have the weekend's of 15th/16th July and 09th/10th September free and am looking to book a couple of nights. My bike's a bit poorly at the moment, awaiting another spare part and i'm going to be busy so won't have time to sort it for July, but will be going in the van whichever date I choose.
I'll take my fire-pit or wood-burner, depending on numbers attending, so there'll be a communal gathering spot. It's a quiet family site, so we need to respect that, but it has all the signs of being a lovely spot for a local meeting.

So folks, is there any interest in a little camp gathering and which of the two dates would you prefer? July may even be booked up already, but i'll send an enquiry to confirm.

What a great looking place! Can't do these dates myself unfortunately but certainly would be good to have a regular SW camping weekend in the diary :0)

Brilliant, I will be available for the September dates then camping again in Cornwall at a bike and music festival later the same month. Perfect please count me in. Cheers. :beerjug:

Hi All,

I've just spotted a fantastic little campsite down near Torpoint and there's the added bonus of a superb cafe that serves some fine looking food.
So, we have camping with toilets and showers, breakfast and lunches, with pizza's on weekend evenings, all you have to do is bring your own beer!
I currently have the weekend's of 15th/16th July and 09th/10th September free and am looking to book a couple of nights. My bike's a bit poorly at the moment, awaiting another spare part and i'm going to be busy so won't have time to sort it for July, but will be going in the van whichever date I choose.
I'll take my fire-pit or wood-burner, depending on numbers attending, so there'll be a communal gathering spot. It's a quiet family site, so we need to respect that, but it has all the signs of being a lovely spot for a local meeting.

So folks, is there any interest in a little camp gathering and which of the two dates would you prefer? July may even be booked up already, but i'll send an enquiry to confirm.

sorry, too long a travel time for me during school days. Looks great though. Enjoy it

Sounds good Rich, I'll be just back from Germany for the first weekend, so maybe not popular with Sally, but good for September :)

Nice ride up the lane to the point. Narrow but the surface has been relaid. A friend farms next door and some of his fields run right up to the Maker site!
If you walk down to Penlee Point there are the old CG cottages and there is a minisub base in a gulley between Penlee and Cawsand - still guarded by a couple of Royal Marines! The little shelter on the point in the rock arch was a hewers seat. :thumby:

Great food at Maker Camp. All fresh produce. Make their own bread. Had many a fine meal there. Well positioned for coastal walks. Mount Edgcumbe, Cawsand, and Rame Head to name a few.

Back
Top Bottom