Intrigued?

batman1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m intrigued to know what the skinny little black o-ring is for that comes with a airhead oil filter kit?

Attachments

• C03A1137-3B30-4CBE-804F-DE27CAE727B9.jpg
    C03A1137-3B30-4CBE-804F-DE27CAE727B9.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 286
No oil cooler on my bike, so does that fit under the oil cooler take-off casting?

Thanks Doc :thumb

In the pic, where is the $1,000 O ring and shim? Or is that gasket a new fangled bit of kit with something built-in?

In the pic, where is the $1,000 O ring and shim? Or is that gasket a new fangled bit of kit with something built-in?

It's the one sitting on the gasket that you can't quite make out. Mentioned in some books (e.g. Haynes) as a white O ring, however, they all seem to be black now.

the $1,000 O ring

I'd make that a £2000 o-ring.... price for new big ends and mains and everything else you might replace at the same time.

I once fitted a white o-ring (new) that was ø3.5mm section - I thought it was the correct one, being in my oil filter spares box and being the absolutely correct major dimensions. After 20 miles I realised I had an oil leak - a serious one! I shut down and got recovered home. I bought a new oil filter change kit and found the o-ring was ø4mm in section. No leaks after that. I measure them all now, whatever colour they are!

Back
Top Bottom