ABR Festival June 22 Experience

One of the only criticisms I heard was the poor mobile phone data signal, as several of vendors who where using contactless payments struggled with lack of mobile data to enable them to process the transaction. I know of one vendor who lost a sale for a £600 jacket because of it. I’m sure if the organisers asked the network providers they could install a temporary relay mast to boost capacity, as I’ve seen it done elsewhere

same as last year. Unlikely to improve. Even the bar payment system failed friday night. On Saturday I asked a Bar staffer if it was fixed, her reply was intermittently it works. Bring cash

same as last year. Unlikely to improve. Even the bar payment system failed friday night. On Saturday I asked a Bar staffer if it was fixed, her reply was intermittently it works. Bring cash

Don I read your review of 2021 before I went , you mentioned weak wi fi so I took cash. Glad I did, I saw multiple cases of payments struggling.

One of the only criticisms I heard was the poor mobile phone data signal, as several of vendors who where using contactless payments struggled with lack of mobile data to enable them to process the transaction. I know of one vendor who lost a sale for a £600 jacket because of it. I’m sure if the organisers asked the network providers they could install a temporary relay mast to boost capacity, as I’ve seen it done elsewhere

I live 6 miles from Ragley and the signal is pretty poor in that area at the best of times.

Alun is very aware of it and he told me they will be working on it for next year.

I live 6 miles from Ragley and the signal is pretty poor in that area at the best of times.

Alun is very aware of it and he told me they will be working on it for next year.

I came over for a chat about your tours but missed you. The lady filling in told me to say she was doing a brilliant job :D

(she was to be fair)

There was one stand I went to in the top field that had shiny metal things that turned out to be inserts for arms and legs after an accident. Chap asked if any of us had done any riding training which I said yes to (Giles 🤩 and bike safe) to which he said was good… and then the conversation sort of fizzled out and we wandered off.

I have no idea what the stand was promoting. He never mentioned any course that he was doing, or handed out cards, so maybe just what could end up in your body after a crash..

He did show me his scars on his arm.

^^^^^^^^

There was a motorcycle funeral service company in the bottom field :eek: I didn't see anyone grabbing the free mugs and pens

And who was the chap with the very loud Harley who fired it up at sparrows fart Sunday and shouted ‘good morning campers’ to be met with a chorus of ‘fuck off’
!

I suspect it was one of the group camped next to me and my mates - I could smell the petrol fumes after the event. Posers on newish Harleys with black number plates, one on a CCM Spitfire plus a couple of others. They didn't interact with anybody around them - other than to wake everybody up at 06.00 on the Saturday and then really piss everybody off at 04.30 on the Sunday with the bike start. And left a right load of rubbish on the table & benches they'd nicked from the site when they finally cleared off. Tossers (and not in a good way).
Other than that I had a really good time. Met a few people I know, rode the trail a couple of times on the DesertX and a borrowed KTM 690, went to a few of teh organised talks/demos, got some help from Guzzi and Mosko on a couple of issues, wondered round the photo display and film shows up at the main house and had a brief chat with Ted Simon when buying a book after his talk. A true gent. I also joined the TRF - which meant a free hogroast with a couple of beers thrown in on the Saturday evening. An excellent vibe in the TRF tent, only enhanced by Austin Vince holding forth. Food elsewhere was ok but not great - I'll be taking more of my own if I go again - but had a good evening in the beer tent both evenings - despite Guiness being £5.50 a pint.. Topped off by an enjoyable ride there and back on the v85. A good weekend

I suspect it was one of the group camped next to me and my mates - I could smell the petrol fumes after the event. Posers on newish Harleys with black number plates, one on a CCM Spitfire plus a couple of others. They didn't interact with anybody around them - other than to wake everybody up at 06.00 on the Saturday and then really piss everybody off at 04.30 on the Sunday with the bike start. And left a right load of rubbish on the table & benches they'd nicked from the site when they finally cleared off. Tossers (and not in a good way).
Other than that I had a really good time. Met a few people I know, rode the trail a couple of times on the DesertX and a borrowed KTM 690, went to a few of teh organised talks/demos, got some help from Guzzi and Mosko on a couple of issues, wondered round the photo display and film shows up at the main house and had a brief chat with Ted Simon when buying a book after his talk. A true gent. I also joined the TRF - which meant a free hogroast with a couple of beers thrown in on the Saturday evening. An excellent vibe in the TRF tent, only enhanced by Austin Vince holding forth. Food elsewhere was ok but not great - I'll be taking more of my own if I go again - but had a good evening in the beer tent both evenings - despite Guiness being £5.50 a pint.. Topped off by an enjoyable ride there and back on the v85. A good weekend

Yes the Harley nobheads were just across from us. You forgot to mention riding around the site sans helmets and doing do nuts on the white walled CCM on the grass. We noticed they moved the benches, arrogant twats.

There was one stand I went to in the top field that had shiny metal things that turned out to be inserts for arms and legs after an accident. Chap asked if any of us had done any riding training which I said yes to (Giles �� and bike safe) to which he said was good… and then the conversation sort of fizzled out and we wandered off.

I have no idea what the stand was promoting. He never mentioned any course that he was doing, or handed out cards, so maybe just what could end up in your body after a crash..

He did show me his scars on his arm.

I think its called Bikertek web site bikertekshop.co.uk They run full page ads in Bike & MCN. Claiming to sell the latest bike accessories eg new hips plates for your legs etc. Its a sort of reverse psychology to raise awareness of training

https://www.bikertekshop.co.uk/

Steve

Did anyone who attended in a van have it searched on the Sunday when leaving? I did, but it seemed pointless. If they don’t take details of your bike in the van when you first arrive, what point is there in taking details of it when you leave? They asked for my name and mobile number both of which I provided but no checks were made so I could have provided any random name or sequence of numbers and then I would have disappeared with nice Enduro bike never for it to be seen again.

Or am I missing something?

I have been there with the BASC game fair and I am sure they put something in as I could use the computer no problem on EE, I was working there over the whole weekend

+1…….

I'm the only numpty who didn't take cash! And a second power bank. Last year I rode my own bike for a while and charged all devices for the saturday. Didn't thi time and my gadgets were seriously looking for power by Sun morning. I'll re read my advice next year!

I understand from social media that bikes belonging to people staying at the nearby travelodge had a couple of bikes stolen, but they where disturbed and failed to get any more

I’ve been to several festivals in the past and seen booster towers in place, so a festival of this magnitude should be able to prompt the network providers to put a temporary tower in place for the next one

I understand from social media that bikes belonging to people staying at the nearby travelodge had a couple of bikes stolen, but they where disturbed and failed to get any more

I’ve been to several festivals in the past and seen booster towers in place, so a festival of this magnitude should be able to prompt the network providers to put a temporary tower in place for the next one

the network company dont care and wont do it for free, the organizers have to pay for it

I came over for a chat about your tours but missed you. The lady filling in told me to say she was doing a brilliant job :D

(she was to be fair)

Good stuff. Sorry I missed you but I had a family thing to go to on Saturday night. Missing it would have meant a slow and very painful demise.......

the network company dont care and wont do it for free, the organizers have to pay for it

Spoke to a couple of food outlet people who said they were charged for this.

And also chatted with a guy on the kriega stand who said a shit load of security locks and chain had been stolen of a stand.

Back
Top Bottom