Italian lakes...

Nice one Gerard. Sounds as though a full english would not go amiss.

I'd prefer a full Scottish, but I know what you mean..... Europeans cannot do certain things properly...breakfast is one of them....toilet paper and plumbing are other notable failures. My wife however applauds continental breakfast..no accounting for taste...

A quiet semi industrial area on the banks of the Rhine is where our hotel is situated.

The wooded hills in the background are Switzerland!

A decent room with a powerful shower...what more do you need?
fbf15f47fd239e0b62a3858eabb37b13.jpg
5afa5b755e9e0db9dcc2e9cd6e9a1122.jpg

And after a fairly deadly day of German m/ways and duallers, we have landed at our next port of call, the Tip Top Hotel am Hochrein, in Bad Sackingen, on the Swiss border. Warm dry and sunny for the most part, but looked a bit clarty over the Black Forest.
Very smart secure underground parking for the motos....does this mean its biker friendly?
Nice room...balcony, coffee stuff etc.....and slippers!
Jim....you keeping tabs on our progress?
Certainly am. Sympathise re the autobahns. Only good about the German ones is you can go as fast as you like and get it over with.

Quite a nice looking joint, and a view of the Rhine from the garden.
Off to the border tomorrow to collect vignettes et
We've now killed much of the distance which will allow us to take in some sites....the Gottard pass for example....just hope for some decent weather...bit close tonight..
08dd2e3e9b2b35aa3bbbc3f7fcc0a8a3.jpg
19935a01537d4afd306e65233b178861.jpg

A knackering day yesterday....old age does not come alone....but a decent tea, an early night and some bread in the morning did wonders.
7fc6c1b706ca98b596791e9022f9fc7d.jpg

Through the swiss customs....bought vignettes there, having ignored those on sale in German service stations, thus saving 5 euros between the two bikes....about a cup of fuel!
And into Switzerland....many motorway tunnels, and excellent service areas with world class crappers.

Through the swiss customs....bought vignettes there, having ignored those on sale in German service stations, thus saving 5 euros between the two bikes....about a cup of fuel!
And into Switzerland....many motorway tunnels, and excellent service areas with world class crappers.

Hope you all unloaded at said crappers.

Looks very nice Gerard.

Following with interest Gerardd, may do a similar trip to the Italian lakes in 2023
Mark.

Following with interest Gerrard, may do a similar trip to the Italian lakes in 2023
Mark.

Hmmm....think I've finished with long days on motorways etc now. This trip was originally conceived pre pox....I was 3 years younger. But we thought it would be the last 'big' trip I would organise for our group after several years of so doing...Slovenia, Provence, Pyrenees, Austria. Then the pox arrived, and suddenly I'm an old geezer with a dodgy hip. May have to stay a little closer to home in future, but there's plenty of scope still. We do enjoy a bit of heat....and we got to 32.5 this pm on the way down from the Gottard.
Arrived in our next lodgings, Hotel Cereda, in Sementina, bit south of Bolzano. Nice room at back, air con etc. Seems good....

Copy Jim?

Back
Top Bottom