Italian lakes...

So there is no misunderstanding, yes that is a bar
cb3242c1cc659d238020b9979fa30c2b.jpg

Grüss Gott or maybe should be Buongiorno now you've arrived. Treat that hip to a good dose of beverage and let the steamers, train take the strain for the next few days.

Don’t know if you have been to Garda before Gerrard, but an early morning trip up Monte Baldo is worth a look at, Malcesine & Limone are really great stops on the boats, some lovely lakeside cafes/bars. Enjoy.

Al.

Finally! I was on the verge of giving up and going to the pub

Views not bad

Lake Garda is a favourite for myself and Mrs FatAl, having been a few times, staying at Malcesine and Riva. As mentioned Monte Baldo is worthwhile but the ques for the cable car can be lengthy. You may find it worthwhile jumping a local bus into Verona as well.
Enjoy :beerjug:

Lake Garda is a favourite for myself and Mrs FatAl, having been a few times, staying at Malcesine and Riva. As mentioned Monte Baldo is worthwhile but the ques for the cable car can be lengthy. You may find it worthwhile jumping a local bus into Verona as well.
Enjoy :beerjug:

Jumping?

Thanks....not been to Garda....Maggiore years ago, but thats it. Getting boat to Riva via Malcesine tomorrow....

Nooooooooo. The other week I found out it was both cheaper, and a lot quicker by bus. It cost us about 5 euros each, each way.
Which hotel are you staying at ?

Nooooooooo. The other week I found out it was both cheaper, and a lot quicker by bus. It cost us about 5 euros each, each way.
Which hotel are you staying at ?

Getting an all day rover type ticket and doddling about all day on the water....anything but put on motorcycle kit for a day!

Lido International......on the edge of the loch

So a day on the water...

Hot tip though...the Italians are getting jumpy about Covid, and are beginning to insist, again, on masks in enclosed publuc areas.
If you are heading this way, bung a packet at the bottom of your pannier.

We dondered up to the harbour....this is looking back to the hotel, and then the harbour itself.
a5d26f091463954d94c90f1ede4bd06f.jpg
d23378c226e9ff5ab3f3ccd379d15c3c.jpg

We bought all day all lake tickets which includes the rapido boats, and roared up the loch, to oyr first port of call...Malcesine....where we saw a lovely paddle steamer still in active service, as well as a masty saily effort. A wander about this lovely old town was rewarded by gelati.

11be1fdf82a6e414f8d8b48703b69050.jpg
febe6700dd2231afddedca62a48d8477.jpg
33aa46a2177824c327a3217e86018b0c.jpg
3d3874ff45c16f85b2eae384bc55c022.jpg
c35ece88b7a6286190145c84779a392c.jpg
c974136258699fd33b77330ca096ffb4.jpg
b2b3395903afa5fd055d59e909a69adb.jpg

We then caught a slow boat up to Riva, again a wander round the town, and then onto a 'fast' boat back to Desenzano, calling at Limone and marvelling at the size of said limones dangling in the trees.

This boat was a cracker of a thing, a hydrofoil, which I clocked at 39 mph at one stage.

A supper of caprese salad followed by carbonara....which was nearly as good as my own....sorry no pix....

I’m surprised about the mask situation. We came back from there on 22nd June, at that time it was all ok.

Super pics thanks for posting, I had a holiday in Torbole on Garda a few years back so it brought back some good memories.

Particularly the gelato shop on the outskirts of Riva and its free entertainment, initially two Carabinieri on their R850 RT's who stop, get out their sub machine guns and start to stop traffic and check drivers details with one officer with gun at the ready. A minute or two later a helicopter arrived and 6 officers abseiled down onto a rocky outcrop and then surrounded and supported the two doing the car checks. 20 minutes later they were all gone.

Back
Top Bottom