Italian lakes...

gerarddwatts

huge member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well here we are.

After 2 years of enforced stagnation, away on the bike to Europe.

Wifey and another couple left the Strathmore swamps yesterday. Grey, windy and the promise of showers.
Surprisingly quickly back into the swing of a fullyladen big bike. Down to Perth, Forth Bridge, embra bypass and onto the A1. It has become our practice to stop at Eyemouth for lunch...
48cdd714fee0bd51ee790250ced76c68.jpg

Still had to sit in a miving queue for an hour but once checked in, we were on the boat and bike secured with plenty of space round about. I have a hip that needs some welding and sitting astride the bike legs down did it no good at all but the comfort of a decent sized cabin made life more comfortable...
c9970723dc5a1797c2ea0df70a2864ec.jpg

A very smooth night and comfy bed meant that I nearly overslept, but 8 am saw us in the 'special' commodore breakfast zone.
Very agreeable.
I have rarely seen the North sea so calm.

Have a cracking trip. That room on the ferry looks spot on.

Have a great trip Gerard :thumb2

Plenty of photographs ... and love to the Lady. Will see you when you get back.
That's a threat and a promise :D

:beerjug:

So the captain told me....we qwere using his cabin after all....that there would be a 45 minute delay in unloading, and there was indeed a short delay but we were out in the free world....or at least what passes for it in the EU...by 1115 after an interesting chat about Shark helmets with the customs geezer.
The only way to deal with this bit of Europe is to scamper through as quick as poss...
Netherlands speed limits being what they are it was not quick enough, but eventually the German border and a bit more exercise for the right wrist....thank goodness for cruise control.
Eventually, after a coffee and petrol stop...
33 quid for super 102...we got to junction 44 on the A3 and went into and through Bad Camberg to our lodgings.... Hotel Waldschloss.
Always a bit of stress on the first day because you never know what time you will get going, its been a while since travelling, but all went well and the hotel seems good...

Take care, I got burned to buggery last week when I was there . It didn’t seem sunny, and it was the only day I didn’t load up with sun cream. Silly me. Lesson learned.

Misty this morning but sun will burn it off I'm sure. Not a brilliant nights sleep...just not used to any traffic noise at all, not lots going past but enough. Usual inadequate continental breakfast....bread....and filthy tea....but it'll keep us goi going.
Nice enough spot but still a long way to go...down the Rhine to just this side of the swiss border at Bad Sackingen.
We'll stop a bit more today.
544200ae73bd4b5072532f2b51bf51aa.jpg

And after a fairly deadly day of German m/ways and duallers, we have landed at our next port of call, the Tip Top Hotel am Hochrein, in Bad Sackingen, on the Swiss border. Warm dry and sunny for the most part, but looked a bit clarty over the Black Forest.
Very smart secure underground parking for the motos....does this mean its biker friendly?
Nice room...balcony, coffee stuff etc.....and slippers!
Jim....you keeping tabs on our progress?

Saw 26 degrees today, but not the fearsome temperatures of late....however if you are from eastern Scotland, 25 is quite enough! Following on from some chit-chat on here about trousers, I bought a pair of Roadkin jeans, and thus far they are very comfortable, paired with my Altberg boots and Klim jacket, all is good. Happy to recommend the jeans.

Back
Top Bottom