Satnav cradle power wire

Rowle

Reaction score
Hi all.

Can i use the main wire that powers the satnav cradle to power something else (if i remove the satnav holder) ?
I was thinking of adding a quadlock in place of the satnav holder and powering that up with the same wire.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 803E0E92-D5C4-4EC2-971B-56C1578F9DCB.jpg
    803E0E92-D5C4-4EC2-971B-56C1578F9DCB.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 269
Hi all.

Can i use the main wire that powers the satnav cradle to power something else (if i remove the satnav holder) ?
I was thinking of adding a quadlock in place of the satnav holder and powering that up with the same wire.
Any help appreciated.

That cable has volts in it, you can use those volts to power anything that uses volts.

Great - thank you.
Gonna remove the nav cradle and add a quadlock wireless charger with anti vibration mount.

Thanks again.

hi all,
still trying to get my Garmin satnav powered up neatly on my 1250gs.
So I tried the plug on the left had side (sitting on the bike) - see pics and there is no power coming from that.
I was told that this is a spare power port ? - do you have to get it switched on by Bmw or something ?

When putting a meter on the 2 wires (red/brown only)there is a tiny amount of voltage but not 12v.
Any thoughts. ?
cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_6457.JPG
    IMG_6457.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6458.JPG
    IMG_6458.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 131
LH side is for fog lights - you will get nothing other than the can bus signal check unless the ECU has been told lights are fitted and the switch is fitted.
Sat nav is powered from the connector on the RH side.

LH side is for fog lights - you will get nothing other than the can bus signal check unless the ECU has been told lights are fitted and the switch is fitted.
Sat nav is powered from the connector on the RH side.

You learn something everyday - thank you.

If you follow the lead from the original cradle you can use the plug inside the right hand side of the fairing, it’s switched on and off by the CANBUS

You’ll want a plug to do a neat job

Expensive from Nippy, I believe you can get it cheaper from a bmw car dealership as a repair cable

https://www.nippynormans.com/r-nine...any-garmin-or-tomtom-gps-into-the-bmw-harness

I still use the satnav holder to power my mobile so will use a splitter off the back of the din plug - found ine in nippys after looking at your link :)

Back
Top Bottom