My first Guzzi rally

Clifton

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I thought I'd post a few pictures of my first Moto Guzzi rally/gathering which was last weekend. This one was held in Virginia at Willville a motorcycle campground just off the Blue Ridge Parkway. The BRP is a scenic, 500 mile long, 2-lane National Park road which follows the Blue Ridge Mountains through Virginia, North Carolina and ending in Tennessee. There is no charge to ride/drive this road. Willville is just off mile marker 172 at Meadows of Dan, VA. The ride there for me is a pleasant 7 hour, 325 mile ride directly south through WV.

Packed and ready to leave Thursday morning.

An overlook on the BRP.

There were around 90 riders, most on Guzzi's, a mix older V7's along with newer stuff including 6 V85's.

Will (sitting) and "Florida Bob", checking out the farkels on a V85TT.

Evening "BS session". :)

It was a delightful weekend riding the V85 on wonderful roads and meeting new people, and of course talking Guzzis. I now have 2,900 miles on my 2021 V85TT and I'm really liking this bike a lot. None of the V85 owners there have experienced any mechanical problems with their bikes, of course the bike's only been out for 3 years, but one just turned 30,000 miles.
I'm already looking forward to the Pennsylvania Guzzi riders gathering in September which is just a couple hours north from me.

That's a fine looking Guzzi you have Clinton, health to enjoy her.

The only thing I didn't like about the BRP was the 40mph speed limit. ;) But it is a beautiful ride.

Good news about the reliability of these newer bikes, thanks for sharing.

Those old Loop frame bikes look fabulous with the ‘slopey’ panniers.

Glad you enjoyed yourtrip

I read it here that when you buy a Guzzi, it's actually just your 'first' Guzzi, which then infects your garage with other Guzzis faster than you can blink.

If that's the case, that red Eldorado is absolutely doing it for me - I keep returning for another look. As a Sunday morning bike, what a pleasure that would be.

I’m with you there.

Love a loop, especially with single seat and saddle bags.

Sadly (happily?) not enough room in my garage at the mo…

It was a nice trip, Paul. The riding, camaraderie, and weather couldn't have been much nicer. Yes the Eldos are attractive, I love older Guzzi's!

That's a fine looking Guzzi you have Clinton, health to enjoy her.

The only thing I didn't like about the BRP was the 40mph speed limit. ;) But it is a beautiful ride.

Thank you Aidan. Yes the BRP speed limit is low at 45 mph but I look at that just as a suggestion. I ride it 55-60 mph, then up it a little on curves.

Thanks for sharing and the excellent accompanying pictures :thumb

My pleasure, coney!

Good news about the reliability of these newer bikes, thanks for sharing.

Those old Loop frame bikes look fabulous with the ‘slopey’ panniers.

Glad you enjoyed your trip

Love a loop, especially with single seat and saddle bags.

Sadly (happily?) not enough room in my garage at the mo…

Thanks. Naturally seeing all the older ones makes me want one. Riding one however may change my mind, but who knows? I may be able to stuff one more in the garage..... :)

Lovely high quality photos, accidentally found out that if clicked on, takes you to the "Postimages " where they can be viewed larger.

You probably know this, but, I'm a Luddite.

Trying to get my head around the cables and wires on the handlebars on the outfit!

I didn’t realize that, good to know. I see you have a Guzzi too.

Barb and I are on the way to Bahamas now, via Florida, but I’ll check in on you all when I can. 😊

Great post and pictures. I love the V85 TT but just a wee bit tall for me now, I had to sell my R80 Bumblebee for the same reason.
Guzzi’s are very addictive, I now have four.
Here’s a pic of my Loop. I just fitted the Wixom’s yesterday, although I’ve had the bike and panniers for about three years. I also have the handlebar fairing and screen which I may fit later on.
Looking for leg guards if anyone knows where to find them
The Loops are great bikes for cruising, very soothing exhaust note, makes you want to keep on riding.

Attachments

• 9F43124E-5412-4238-8C1B-601548EAB7B1.jpg
    9F43124E-5412-4238-8C1B-601548EAB7B1.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 131

Back
Top Bottom