Starting a route on MRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

the woodster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am very new to MRA (Gold) and have started writing my routes for Spain in September.

I am finding it pretty easy and have written a local test route to see how it goes using my phone but for the life of me I cannot work out how to actually start the route!! I have viewed MRAs help videos but I do not recognise the graphics they display, compared to those on my screen.

Steps taken:

Selected my test route from the routes menu.
I then get three option buttons: Edit, Download and Open Route (Is 'Download' to use the route offline?).
I press 'Open Route', which it does but nothing obvious on the screen to actually start the route.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, chaps.

You have to download the route (save as gpx 1.1), then export it to whatever platform you're using.

If you are using the phone app, select the route you made, open it and press the arrow to the right of "track log". That will open the route to follow.
c95348e880ffdcdf968b8db8132b0702.jpg

If you are using the phone app, select the route you made, open it and press the arrow to the right of "track log". That will open the route to follow.
c95348e880ffdcdf968b8db8132b0702.jpg

Thanks for your reply. When I tried that it just defaulted to a map showing my current location? I am somewhat baffled.

You have to download the route (save as gpx 1.1), then export it to whatever platform you're using.

Thanks for your reply. I am new to this so please forgive my confusion. Why would I want to download a route to my phone to then download it to my BMW Nav? I am starting with creating and running some routes using my phone as the nav. Is this the way you download written routes for offline use on the phone? Cheers.

It’s looks like your trying to navigate using MRA ??
You can only create a route in MRA.
You have to transfer the created route to a navigation platform e.g garmin or Tom Tom etc.
Or use my route navigation which is another app for your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply. I am new to this so please forgive my confusion. Why would I want to download a route to my phone to then download it to my BMW Nav? I am starting with creating and running some routes using my phone as the nav. Is this the way you download written routes for offline use on the phone? Cheers.

Let’s see if we can help. I am having to guess a bit, but here goes:

1. I guess that you are opening MyRoute on your phone, via the internet? Yes?

2. You are then creating a route in MyRoute on your phone? Yes?

3. You are then staying in MyRoute and trying to run the route on your phone when out on your bike? Yes?

If yes, to all of the above, then the simple answer is: You can’t.

MyRoute, on the internet on your phone, is ONLY a route creation tool. It cannot navigate you. Think of it just like BaseCsmp or MapSource.

To navigate by the route to you have created, you now have to install the separate MyRoute Navigation app onto your phone. This links seamlessly with your MyRoute account on the internet. All will then be well.

Or you can export the MyRoute route from the internet to say, a Garmin device via the Garmin Drive app…. But you don’t want to do that, as you want to leave it all within your phone.

Any problems, come back to us, please.

Richard

To everyone that has taken the trouble to respond,

Thank you all very much. I now understand what I am doing wrong and will download the separate navigation app. I was treating it like Calimoto. I am sure I will be back with more queries but really appreciate your help in getting on the right track.

Richard, please tell me you do the lottery: your guesses were spot on! You may recall giving me advice back in May about some routes in Belgium, which appeared to be solved but when I tried to run them on the road, it all went to rats##t. Now that I have delved into the plethora of MRA help pages regarding GPX formats and importing/exporting, I am slowly realising what may have gone wrong.

No doubt see you all again on these pages soon!! :):):)

Good stuff.

Enjoy using MyRoute and the separate app and, most of all, enjoy where they’ve take you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom