Auxiliary rear brake light

Frankiedog

Reaction score
Has any body fitted a rear led brake light without a canbus controller to gs1250?, I've had my multifunction rear lights that don't work well replaced and recoded by the dealer so you can see the rear indicator when braking.

I understand by this that you have had the brake light function removed from the indicators so that they are just rear reds and indicators, and that you rely on the large brake light alone when slowing down/stopping. Is this correct?

Guessing this was just an alteration to the software.

If I am correct in all this I would be interested in this modification myself when I take the bike in for a service next month

Do you mind sharing with us what the cost was?

Mike

Yes I have fitted the Denali T3 Pods on a bar below the reg plate. they can be wired in using positaps supplied.
They dont affect the canbus. They have running lights, indicators and brake lights.

Yes Mike, the indicators are now just indicators so you can see them in any situation. It cost me £80.00.

I wonder if the best ‘cure’ for the rear end issue would be to add extra indicators, mounted a little away from the originals. Though I suppose Canbus may be the problem.

I forgot to mention, new indicators required, £80.00 dealer did the work free, my friend has had his GS done in Oxfordshire at £160.00,

Thanks I'm going for these as the Denali is stupid expensive and more than likely made in China

Back
Top Bottom