Garage CCTV (no internet access, see text)

retroman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have finally managed to secure a lock-up garage to rent for my bikes within a one minute walk of the house, distance door to door about 150 metres.

The garage has light and power (normal plug socket) but obviously no wifi or internet access.

I'd like to fit an internal CCTV camera which would ideally send footage and alerts to an app on my 'phone. So I suppose this would have to be via a cloud based system.

Is anyone out there in GS land aware of such a system/would recommend, before I waste hours trawling for one? Or is this a non-starter?

FWIW I do have Amazon Prime and icloud accounts for cloud access.

Thank you in advance,

Dave 'retro'

Depending on Budget, something like Nest for cameraas or something similar may be the route. Then have a wifi hot spot device as your internet connection to send out the packets of data.

Depending on Budget, something like Nest for cameraas or something similar may be the route. Then have a wifi hot spot device as your internet connection to send out the packets of data.

Thanks! Will look into that.:okay

I've made enquiries with both NEST and DDS (who suppiled the hard wired CCTV system in my house), both require the router to be within 50 feet with line-of-sight. So looks like this is indeed a non-starter, sadly. Unless there are any other ideas?

If you had a mobile phone or other mobile device working to provide the (wireless) internet connection. You can connect a wireless router in as a repeater to connect the cameras to.

something like this

Back
Top Bottom