I needed a roundcase in my life

The Sport has been away getting some Ray Petty love, and I’ve just got it back. He’s a Bevel genius.

As I’m not clever enough, Ray went over it with a fine tooth comb and did what ever was needed to recommission so that it would ready to ride and be as original spec as possible.

He also provided a 11 page report as to its condition and value etc.

The only deviations from original spec, are:-
- Brembo NOS single front caliper and master cylinder fitted. To upgrade to twin discs didn’t look right. The original scarab set up is bubble wrapped safely.
- new Sache electronic ignition
- A handful of non original nuts and bolts
- Strengthened fibreglass seat unit has meant using different fixings to secure the thicker seat panel
- Cable run for rear light runs outside the mudguard so is visible.
- The original rubber edging trim for the seat and side panels is bubble wrapped up
- NOS numberplate holder is satin not gloss finish
- original spark plug caps also in storage, they didn’t conduct sufficiently

And that’s about it, as near as Fabio Taglioni intended. Bloomin’ marvelous thing.

All those years sat sitting in a private collection, now she's ready to RIP !!!

PLEASE don't get it wet...:eek:

A wonderful bike..:thumb

As well as looking gorgeous, it sounds it as well. I passed over a 750GT in 1974 and got a Commando instead..... Enjoy every mile you ride it.

I was passing Mocheck's ( big Honda dealer at the time ) one day , 2 up , parked outside was 1 of these ,
i stared at it ,as i went past , i got hit round the back of the head, by the girl on the back .
we arrived at our destination , and i asked why i got hit , she said i wasn't watching the road , AND that the bike i was staring at , only had 1 seat.... where was she going to sit ?... i pointed out , that despite being asked to be my GF , she had declined ...but she , still wanted the benefits of motorcycle transportation from me ,
i was not obliged to have a dual seat , a single seat bike was all i really needed . Paddington Bear stared back at me .

3 months later , i got a Montjuic .

I was passing Mocheck's ( big Honda dealer at the time ) one day , 2 up , parked outside was 1 of these ,
i stared at it ,as i went past , i got hit round the back of the head, by the girl on the back .
we arrived at our destination , and i asked why i got hit , she said i wasn't watching the road , AND that the bike i was staring at , only had 1 seat.... where was she going to sit ?... i pointed out , that despite being asked to be my GF , she had declined ...but she , still wanted the benefits of motorcycle transportation from me ,
i was not obliged to have a dual seat , a single seat bike was all i really needed . Paddington Bear stared back at me .

3 months later , i got a Montjuic .

:D

:thumb

:beerjug:

I went over to Belgium a couple of times to view my one, but you’ll have to go a little further to view this one just been put up for auction in Australia.

It’s a 74 bike, but the head lamp, switchgear and some other bits are from elsewhere. Still it’s very nice.

Within an hour or so bidding has reached $50k (Aus) - money in the bank

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale...TC8SBpN1tc1TB4eyJ4TN-mV0FY2fUbJz1gyHz1kxCVy00

Attachments

• 42C3014F-E8FC-464C-9BB5-C90D6E858701.jpg
    42C3014F-E8FC-464C-9BB5-C90D6E858701.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 72
Che bella moto ! Discendenza classica.

Ben fatto, signore. :)

Spent all day out on my Sport today with some good friends.

I’ve been out several times, shortish runs, but there’s nothing like time in the saddle to realise that both the rear brake and gear lever positions are a tad too high and that I’ve finally remembered which way the petcock levers go, and I’m much more at home with the 1up/4down on a RH gear change !

Ahh, they say don’t ever meet your heroes, well, I really love this bike.

It’s an all in visceral experience, an assault on the senses, whereas riding my GSA is like using an X box, competent, but clinical.

The sound of those Contis in the Hatfield tunnel en route to a meet today has me grinning from ear to ear.

Let’s hope that the insurance remains affordable because I’m hooked.

Dunstable downs.

IMG_1364.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom