Himalayan

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
At present I am riding a F650Gs (2002) as well as my airhead (R75/6).
I am considering making a move to a Himalayan because I fancy a change and may be selling the 650.
I have had a short ride on one but still need to do a decent test ride.
Am I going to be disappointed?

I bought a new one in January, great bike for my style of riding, non motorway, back lanes , and green lanes. Brilliant on petrol, comfortable and surprisingly capable. Don’t buy one expecting to do 75/80 mph on the motorway, it’s not designed for that. I love mine and have couple of mates who also have them and are of the same opinion.

Attachments

• 88912669-F79F-48D8-8FB3-FB0F69859BF6.jpg
    88912669-F79F-48D8-8FB3-FB0F69859BF6.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 305
I bought a new one in January, great bike for my style of riding, non motorway, back lanes , and green lanes. Brilliant on petrol, comfortable and surprisingly capable. Don’t buy one expecting to do 75/80 mph on the motorway, it’s not designed for that. I love mine and have couple of mates who also have them and are of the same opinion.

I agree entirely :thumb2

Sold my G650Xcountry because I wasn't going to be using it. Had the MZ to fall back on for just popping out for a couple of hours when the chance presented itself!

But was seduced by a 2018 Himalayan with 650 miles on it and quite a few extras ... I'm delighted with it :thumb

There are those that say it is underpowered, it isn't underpowered, it's a low power motorcycle. It has a long stroke engine that is simply wonderful :thumb
If someone complains that it is underpowered then they have bought the wrong motorcycle :blast

But then I go back to the long stroke BSA singles of the 1950's 1960's :rob

i-zS6KPXN-L.jpg

i-M4v8CBB-L.jpg

Busy fettling it right now :D

i-z6CHCwr-L.jpg

i-XzZdMmV-L.jpg

i-mcnXLCs-L.jpg

i-FL9SvhR-L.jpg

There's more bling and accessories for the Himalayan available than a GS :D

Go for a longer test run :thumb2

:beerjug:

Edit .... I collected the 'bike and it was happy at 70mph on the A1 and A1(M), until I realised it only had 676 miles on the clock :eek:

that depends on your exceptions . have another long test ride then decide . but really don't make a big deal of it if you don't like it just sell it. they are great bikes though and very popular for a reason

Love mine, agree 100% with the above. Find it gets used more than the larger engined bikes, it is an absolute hoot on the back lanes. Like the plate instead of the rear seat Mickey, is it a DIY or can you buy them and where from ?
Cheers

Thanks Micky, looks very useful as I never know what I will come home with strapped to the bike when on a day out.

Love mine, as others have said, enough power to enjoy as long as you buy with eyes open and manage your expectations. Having said that I'm not long back from 2 weeks bumbling around France and off on a Belgium/Germany bimble tomorrow, will try to minimise the motorway on route, but even then it's happy to sit at 60-70, but more at home 50-60 on A/B roads and smaller.

Saw the Hitchcocks rear seat replacement, seems a great idea as I'll never have a pillion, also finding the Lomo tank bags really handy too - taking these to Germany, even though I don't need them on the way out, but will give more wine carrying capacity on the return :D

At present I am riding a F650Gs (2002) as well as my airhead (R75/6).
I am considering making a move to a Himalayan because I fancy a change and may be selling the 650.
I have had a short ride on one but still need to do a decent test ride.
Am I going to be disappointed?

"Horses for courses"

I purchased one off of here for my eldest daughter as a first bike, she adores it...

I've ridden it too and can really see the appeal, I'd certainly buy one for me had I the space, or the time to ride it.

take another long test ride, have a bimble on the lanes and plains and take a punt.

Back
Top Bottom