Anybody tried this tent - Reactive Outdoor 3 secs

They look similar to khyam tents.

Khyams have inner tents with fully enclosing outer tents, not a minimalist flysheet. Wouldn't want to use this of anything other than summer camping in good weather. It's straight forward to put up most 1/2/3 person tents on your own, even in windy conditions, it's just about knowing how.

Bought my 2 man Vango Tango from Millets at half price in October 2018, takes about five minutes tops 1 up to put it up, less if I leave the inner tent fully attached when collapsing. Hardly worth paying extra for a self erecting tent.

I can't speak for any of these fkashframe tents yet but I have also ordered a Slumit Gobbi 3. It's being delivered tomorrow. Have read rave reviews about it and it's manufactured (I believ) by a UK company which is a bonus.

The only thing I'm slightly concerned by is the pack size but on the big GSA I imagine that's not going to be too much of a concern actually.

I'd say their customer services is on point. Especially given they have already contacted me with tips and care advice and I haven't even received the item yet.

I can put my Kyham biker plus up on my own,

And thats a BIG tent :jes

mind you anything is big to us hobbits :D:D

I have both a Slumit Gobi 3 (2021+ version) like abermarc & a Eurohike Cairns 3. The Slumit is so quick to put up & take down, inner tent stays fixed similar to the Cairns & its got a good HH rating of 4000mm as opposed to the Cairns of 2000mm. The newer Gobi is 1kg heavier & basically a similar sleeping size as the Cairns, as it has a different sleeping compartment from the older version, the Cairns has a blackout sleeping area, which is better than the Gobi. I have made up "footprints" for both & use an extended porch / poles for both as well.

The Cairns takes about 10-15 mins to fully erect, the Gobi 5 mins. As some have said, the only issue I have with the Gobi3 is the length being 80cm, 20cm longer than the Cairns, so it literally sits across my pillion seat & is the width of my panniers :thumb

Overall, I do prefer the Gobi for ease of taking down & putting up :okay - but each to their own ...

Take care & stay safe all

If you have good sturdy panniers the Gobi doesn't look too out of place strapped to top of a pannier - it is pretty long and probably the only downside I've discovered so far. Especially if you can offset it with a similar sized bag on the other pannier. For me that's a double sleep bag in a dry bag.

I don't have a picture of my bike fully loaded for a long trip but I do have these taken when I was test loading it. I have since put it in its own black dry bag as the brown was messing with my Triple Black OCD In my kit pic you can see the sleeping bag in its own 30l dry for size comparison.

NB. before anyone says I forgot the kitchen sink. That lot is spread across two bikes
2fe8b54278cfbd3d2a98e3133df97cec.jpg
4790d2de2baef04a6752a649814b19b2.jpg
f83b55cba880a9515b841d3adeae89c6.jpg
40761ceaea943058cc5d71cdca2ca06c.jpg
210a9afcb761961dd08ebcc7da8bd145.jpg

If you have good sturdy panniers the Gobi doesn't look too out of place strapped to top of a pannier - it is pretty long and probably the only downside I've discovered so far. Especially if you can offset it with a similar sized bag on the other pannier. For me that's a double sleep bag in a dry bag.

I don't have a picture of my bike fully loaded for a long trip but I do have these taken when I was test loading it. I have since put it in its own black dry bag as the brown was messing with my Triple Black OCD In my kit pic you can see the sleeping bag in its own 30l dry for size comparison.

NB. before anyone says I forgot the kitchen sink. That lot is spread across two bikes
2fe8b54278cfbd3d2a98e3133df97cec.jpg
4790d2de2baef04a6752a649814b19b2.jpg
f83b55cba880a9515b841d3adeae89c6.jpg
40761ceaea943058cc5d71cdca2ca06c.jpg
210a9afcb761961dd08ebcc7da8bd145.jpg

That's another problem with all flash frames; they dont pack square so to speak; always thinner at one end than the other;; that can also trigger yer OCD.:D

I liked the Gobi but ultimately sold it, it wasn’t for me. The lopsided weight and packed shape, coupled with the need to dry-hump it back into its bag the next day conspired to annoy me. It’s a great size once up, and if camping for 2 nights or more it’s a good choice. I wanted something I could move on with quickly every day while heading down to Italy and the Gobi wasn’t it. I ended up getting a Quechua 2-second blackout tent which is genuinely superb.
b2c92e4ef42356835838e74a8d261378.jpg

What are the Slumit and similar tents like in a blow, I had a Kyam years ago when I was marshalling and even with extra guys on the Kyam would deform and bend inwards in windy conditions.

Al.

I bought one as it looked ideal for a trip to the Alps as I’ve found on my previous European trips camping in different places every day putting up and taking down the tent can become tiresome every day.
I’ve tested it in the garden twice once by myself and once with the missus , by myself at 6’2” I found it to small and had to sleep diagonally and with the missus it was very snug and we wouldn’t have been able to fit any biking gear in with us. You can peg it down by the ground sheet and guy ropes but not sure I’d trust it in a storm.Another negative is no porch so if it’s raining ,muddy etc it would be difficult to keep dry and clean inside.
Overall I.M.O I’d use it for a one nighter by myself for this years Alps trip I’ll be re-newing my omega 350 as it suits me and the missus and for the extra 10 mins putting it up and taking down it’s worth the extra space,comfort and knowledge it stands up to all weathers.
Hope this helps

I also use the Quencha ---- great if you move every day. I think given the right conditions it would suffer from condensation--- but the materials are good. Up and down faster than anything I have had. The blackout is excellent--- worth every penny.

Bill

Full trip report due from Robbi when his turns up. :thumb2

Blast from the past......

Used it twice, so very easy to put up, reasonably simple to collapse, only issue being as a single skin condensation may be an issue but I left the zip open by 4 inches and no probs.

Back
Top Bottom