Ireland - Campsites

DJ123

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

i'm looking to do an Ireland trip for a week or so in the last week of August. I will be travelling via Ferry from Pembroke to Rosslare.

It's been a few years since i was last across and will be camping on my travels as i travel along the West Coast. Are campsites generally ok with turn up bookings, or is it best to book ahead? I roughly know my route and timings, but don't want to cap myself incase i have a change of plans.

TIA

Generally in August it’s a good idea to book ahead. High season, and more so this year! Enjoy the trip.

Pete

I hate to say it but book ahead. Before Covid I would have said you will be grand but now they are more eager to have people book. I’ve been refused from more campsites in the past 2 years than ever before. Not taking single night stays or full was the answers given.

Booking 3 weeks in advance has sorted me for next week

book ahead, sites look full up and there is a glut of vans looking for space as well. There is no official wild camping, plus plenty of Bull McCabes, the 'get off my land' types.
You still can find wild camping places but I wouldn't bet on it.
There are also people letting you pitch, I got the low down from scouts, which used to pass the house nearly every year
Hope you have a good trip. Safe journey

cheers for the input all. Looks like i'll have to plan ahead on my travels of where i'm going to be & when. Then need to figure out when i need the Ferry to/from the Island too.

in case that you are stuck in Galway, call zeroeightfive 7251753; space in the back to pitch.

Back
Top Bottom