1200 XE coolant temperature warning

xantamisch

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Did quite a long trail ride today. On the off road bits - 2nd / 3rd gear mainly - temperature warning light came on repeatedly, disappeared when back on the road.

I thought the fan may not be working but it was. Coolant level is okay

Will call the dealer but wondered if anyone had seen the same?

Never had a temperature warning light come on but the first thing I would check is the radiator for external debris. These things only hold a tiny mount of coolant and run very hot so it wouldn't take much to push them over the edge and lights start flashing :augie

Never had a temperature warning light come on but the first thing I would check is the radiator for external debris. These things only hold a tiny mount of coolant and run very hot so it wouldn't take much to push them over the edge and lights start flashing :augie

Thanks

Yes - a bit of Googling suggests this may be the issue, especially as I have the rad guard fitted which apparently can trap a load of gunk. Will check this evening

Xe

Not had the problem, I keep it free from crud. As you say I also read early on in my purchase it can be an issue

Hooligan bike with those wide bars, a great ride around sales yesterday

triumph%20rad.jpg

Doubt this linky thing will work!

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/67zq7q2tfy6mwsc/triumph%20rad.jpg?dl=0/[/url][IMG]

Hurrah!!

1968 441 Victor Special, aka ‘Victor Meldrew Special’ because my friends think I’m a bit of a grumpy b@@tard. Was my dad’s, I used to ride it to school c 1982. Makes a racket, once brought a whole CCF parade to a stand still. Basically totally cr@p but endearing

1968 441 Victor Special, aka ‘Victor Meldrew Special’ because my friends think I’m a bit of a grumpy b@@tard. Was my dad’s, I used to ride it to school c 1982. Makes a racket, once brought a whole CCF parade to a stand still. Basically totally cr@p but endearing

I'd make room for a 441 Victor. I can't make out if that a square or round barrel. I always found the later square barrels looked pleasing. Prolly as I had a Starfire. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom