How have people’s phones been getting on in the BMW Connect cradle?

Moosehead84

Reaction score
Any updates on how peoples phones have faired? Anyone gone back to the Nav 6? I’m trying to do as much research as I can before I pull the trigger. I have an iPhone 13 pro and a non tft GSA…

A. No problems at all.

B. Have received a full cash refund from BMW for the Nav VI (Make Life a Ride model).

C. I am not convinced that your IPhone 13 Pro will charge on the cradle.

D. It matters not that your bike does not have a TFT screen.

Thank you! It’s the camera bump isn’t it that’s going to cause an issue….

I understand that it’s the MagSafe or whatever it’s called, method of charging that is causing the problem. The theory is that the BMW cradle does not supply enough power. When I put my iPhone 13 Pro onto the cradle, the green charging light goes on and then switches off. It then spends the rest of the day switching on and off, during time which my phone slowly flattens itself. This does not happen with my iPhone 11, which charges just fine.

The work around is to put the iPhone 13 in the cradle but power it via its USB connection. Of course this requires a separate lead and power source.

My I phone 13 pro max charges every time in the cradle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My I phone 13 pro max charges every time in the cradle.

OK, thanks for the update. Maybe Apple have now updated the operating system, allowing the phone to charge?

One question: In your other post in June 2022, you suggested that you had started the day with a fully charge iPhone 13 Pro Max and finished with one. You were going to try starting with a phone that was not fully charged. Did you try that too?

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...-Iphone-13-not-charging?p=6304454#post6304454

I ask only in as much as other bods are finding that the MagSafe phones aren’t (or at least, weren’t) charging on the cradle. Mine certainly wasn’t charging.

I have used the phone in the cradle 4/5 times every time it charges. On Sunday I went out with 40% charge came home 100% charged. The green light occasionally goes out, don’t know why?

After upgrading from an older I phone to the pro 13 max and seeing your posts concerning the charging. I contacted BMW via the support to ask if there were known problems with the phone 13 charging in the cradle. They replied asking if it was an intermittent problem or failing to charge, I didn’t follow up as mine was seemingly working as advertised, they may know more? You may want to contact them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. That is encouraging.

I’ll retry it on my 850 when I can.

There was rumour of an Apple update of the MagSafe phones, enabling lower charging umph (or whatever the word is) but who knows.

I logged the fault with BMW (Germany) at the time, receiving an email reply that “They are looking into it”.

Back
Top Bottom