What’s needed for Travel to France

Reggie353

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Me and Smartbazza are heading to France for 2 weeks going Dublin Cherbourg with Irish Ferries.

What do we need to get on the boat Covid wise?

I am from Belfast but have an Irish passport and my up to date Covid Certs for travel with last jab in 21/10/21.

Do I need anything else?

TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the original jabs last 270 days for travel purposes

boosters dont expire my last one was january and it was fine for the tunnel a coupla days ago - i planned on a booster last week but due to op they said dont

I've found out that you need proof that your last covid jab / booster cert is less than 9 months old.*
.... i think that's it?

* that's 270 days isn't it? :blast

I've found out that you need proof that your last covid jab / booster cert is less than 9 months old.*
.... i think that's it?

* that's 270 days isn't it? :blast

No, see post #2 - if you have had a booster then you are good to go, regardless of the date it was done. The booster does not expire, just the initial vaccination (depending on the maker, this was 1 or 2 shots).

Um...
See here:
Overview, second paragraph.
https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/france/
I'm reading this on my (poxy) phone, so may be wrong - but I think it say 270 days.
Happy to be corrected.

that paragraph is out of date. Read further down, it says

"For persons aged 18 years or older, a booster dose of an mRNA vaccine no later than nine months after receiving the last mandatory dose."

Maybe read the French website rather than the Irish interpretation of the French rules...

here you go:
https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-19-international-travel

"Since 1 February 2022, in order for their vaccination schedule to continue to be recognized as complete, persons aged 18 years or older wishing to enter French territory must have received a booster dose of messenger RNA vaccine no later than nine months after receiving the last mandatory dose."

It mentions nothing about the booster expiring

just proof of a booster. I looked the other night. Download the cert from the NHS app and add to your wallet. Take a print out with you

Thanks. I’ve updated my Covid Cert and have it on my phone. If no good, I’ll throw the GS overboard and swim for it. It’s been a long 3 years.

A ship, a bike & a credit card - off ya go ;)

Unless you're over 65 or immune-compromised there's nothing currently available after the booster. That might change if the numbers continue to climb but for now you're good to go. Enjoy :beerjug:

A ship, a bike & a credit card - off ya go ;)

Unless you're over 65 or immune-compromised there's nothing currently available after the booster. That might change if the numbers continue to climb but for now you're good to go. Enjoy :beerjug:

And there you have it. I have had three vaccinations, being an initial jab and two subsequent top-ups. Unless I am offered a fourth (which I would take up) that’s it. It’s tricky to imagine that other countries are going to get anal, when no subsequent jabs are available. In other words, until and if the EU or the UK changes, it will be what it is today.

Just give the carrier (airline / ferry / train) what they ask for and (for NHS bods) use the UK app for anything else whilst abroad in the EU and around the globe. Nobody seemed interested in France or Belgium last time I was there, in June 2022. That might change at some point; cross that bridge as and when you come to it.

Bods who are unvaccinated can do their own thing and / or stay at home, moaning that it’s all a con and / or a gross infringement of their liberty.

Not useful for the OP, but anyone flying to France needs to fill out a Passenger Locator Form as well.
According to Denise's French daughter-in-law-to-be, who we are going to the engagement party in Carcassonne with at the weekend.
Just done ours on the EU Digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF)
Mark

Not useful for the OP, but anyone flying to France needs to fill out a Passenger Locator Form as well.
According to Denise's French daughter-in-law-to-be, who we are going to the engagement party in Carcassonne with at the weekend.
Mark

Weird it’s needed for flying but not ferry/Eurotunnel!

Follow the science!

Mark

I flew to France in June. No Passenger Locator Form was required and nobody had the slightest interest in a C19 vaccination certificate.

But, as Wappers says, things can change at any time.

I flew to France in June. No Passenger Locator Form was required and nobody had the slightest interest in a C19 vaccination certificate.

Same as above, we went via ferry to St Malo France and rode down to Spain last week, no one asked to see any Covid documentation on check in or at passport control in France, same on the return journey in fact no one ever asked about Covid status throughout the whole journey.

I’ve just returned from the picos in northern Spain via France and back. Went via the tunnel. Had to load the Covid certificate before hand and that was it. You get an email confirming it’s all good and that’s it. Didn’t touch a motorway as we use calimoto to avoid them.

Will let you know if I needed one after this weekend.
Mark

Back
Top Bottom