Kawasaki ZX-9R E1

Kenny

Trustworthy Scouser AND
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Toxteth scouser, made good ..now hiding on the W
I'm cracking on a bit, so last throw of the dice for a sports bike. Bought myself this little beauty
9,500 miles with M.O.T. history and in superb condition. First bike I've ever bought that needed
virtually no work doing on it !! Clear indicator lenses now ordered :)

Has a Dyno-Jet 1 kit fitted ( previous owner - only had 2 owners - also has/had a high lift cam
but decided not to install it as bike was blisteringly fast with just the dyno kit ( I have to agree ).
Very smooth throttle and bodywork is immaculate ( bike is a 2000 E1 model )

My first ZX-9R ( although sold my ZX-12R as it was getting to heavy and radical ). Wish the handlebars
were a tad higher mind !!:rob Bought the statutory Haynes manual:okay

Attachments

• IMG_2680.jpg
    IMG_2680.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_2687.jpg
    IMG_2687.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_2685.jpg
    IMG_2685.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_2688.jpg
    IMG_2688.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 311
Very nice, health to enjoy Sir

A genuine rocket ship, about 130bhp from memory, probably not much lighter than a six hundred, whats not to like. Enjoy 😊

Nice bike Kenny and good on ya for managing with those low bars,don't think I could cope with them any more :)

Kimbo:thumb2

I bought one new in 2000. X reg (trying to remember the rest.)

Sold my superduke last year and as a stop gap / walk down memory lane bought a c1.

£1400. I tell you what, I love it.

Top yoke conversion. It’s the best compromise I’ve had so far. Lighter than a bandit, more protection than the superduke.

I wasn’t meant to keep it, but it does it all.

4a8a9af5a045849116bcc353a2bb9529.jpg

It does have the fairing lowers. I was giving the old girl a fluid change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it was done by the previous owner.

Yes he had to cut the fairing but hadn’t made too bad a job of it.

Yours is a bit too nice to cut by the looks.

It’s an easier conversion for the C model because the clip ones are already above the yoke. On your E they’re under, so you would need a new top yoke. Only about 200 quid though.

I’m stunned by how comfy and easy to use it is.

I can’t think of anything I’ve had that’s better. It’s a (for me) perfect mix of performance and comfort with no nanny state electronics.

My mate forgets and says “what mpg you getting” over intercom.

“I can tell you what time it is if you like” I reply

Love it. Back to basics.

d64ff5abdabf0fc19dd88e7f89a713b0.jpg

I bought one new in 2000 and my only complaint was that no matter what I did or how I rode it I couldn’t stop the carbs from icing up when the conditions were prime for that problem. I did a lot of miles touring Europe on mine and it was good for all day riding without resorting to Ibuprofen which is more than can be said for the ZX10R I replaced it with in 2005 :blast

These look like fun and the blue looks cool but tbh i hated mine, a 99? T reg in metallic red, swapped it for a 2001 GSXR1000K1 and it was on another level in terms of engine (huge torque from 1k rpm) and handling. To be fair though that also made a fire blade feel a tad weedy. Took a gsxr k7 down as far as rome and back, they were pretty comfy.

Back
Top Bottom