Motocard

We Make Life A Ride

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Technically not an equipment question as such but their prices are pretty competitive even if they are based in Spain. I've seen on other forums that people have used them with no issues providing you dont mind waiting as they seem to have a UK delivery estimate of up to 10 days. Luggage and top box will be on the cards I think. For example if I compared to Sports Bike Shop - whilst a decent company that I have dealt with in the past - Motorcard would save me about 300 quid on a like for like purchase.

Anyone have any experience of using them?

Have you factored in 20% vat, import and handling charges?

I would. However, others appear not to have neem charged that. So I'm of the opinion that if I get lucky I save and if I dont then I dont pay any extra. I may just wait a little while longer but am in no rush so that it's be win win :)

I would. However, others appear not to have neem charged that. So I'm of the opinion that if I get lucky I save and if I dont then I dont pay any extra. I may just wait a little while longer but am in no rush so that it's be win win :)

Fair enough, but I wouldn't be that lucky and there'd be something missing, which makes the return hard work and then a reclaim for charges takes longer than I'll likely live.

I'd buy from SBS.

It's potentially a saving on the initial Buy. But you need to consider warranty and returns issues too down the line.

That sort of price saving appears to be with the luggage minus VAT. Which means if you do get hit for import duty & VAT you'd pay more than if you purchased in the UK.

It’s a free world, but I am often disappointed that folks prefer not to support a UK
retailer, especially when they are as good as SBS.

Don’t moan when they are gone.

:beerjug:

It’s a free world, but I am often disappointed that folks prefer not to support a UK
retailer, especially when they are as good as SBS.

Don’t moan when they are gone.

:beerjug:

I get that but times are hard. You've just got to shop around. And if that measn going abroad for the best deals, in much the same way as many of us go abroad for the best holidays, then so be it.

And I've looked again, the VAT and import charges would still be less than the £851 that I'd pay SBS sadly. I guess if I need to make a warranty claim or whatever then what a grand excuse to jump on the GS for a trip to Andorra :)

Ok you lot win. I'm going with SBS :) Motocard havent got back to me on a few queries and that's instantly enough to put me off.

Though my SBS bill currentlystands at aruond £1,100 :blast

Ordered a rack and top box from Motocard this week . Much cheaper than in U.K. .
But I’ve spent over £5k on stuff from SBS in last 5 years or so !!
So no guilt here .

Rgr that. All my previous GS' have benefitted greatly from SBS, Thunder road and MandP in Cardiff but Motorcard prices seemed very appealing for sure.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

I bought something from France two months ago.

Customs etc bill £40.

Bought the same item, delivered today, same price.

Customs bill £51.

Different delivery company loading charges.

The item couldn't be bought in the UK, or I simply wouldn't be arsed ordering from overseas. I have a £1,500 refund pending from another purchase and have had to go through a long, boring process with HMRC and unlikely to see the refund for months.

I’ve used Motocard several times, prices are usually the best and customer service is good if not always super fast

Just sent one jacket back to them and ordered a different one

I do have the advantage of being in Europe :augie

Back
Top Bottom