Taking your helmet on a plane ?

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Following a Google it appears we will need to check our helmets as hold luggage on our flights to and from the US.

How could this best be accomplished?

Packed in a cardboard box

Buy protective helmet bags

Rent helmets

What do others do ?

Following a Google it appears we will need to check our helmets as hold luggage on our flights to and from the US.

Rent helmets

What do others do ?

Carry on as hand luggage

Rent helmets

What do others do ?

i flew to bristol the other day with easyjet from newcastle ,they said the same at check in,but i said this is a valuble saftey item ,can you give your word it will not be dropped or damaged ,they said no ,so i said well then i will have to carry it on board ,they agreed.

We are flying BA, so will check with them, carry on would be the best option.

Three of us flew with BA into Chicago and out of LA back in 2017, and to Venice in 2018. No one even queried the lids being carried on as hand luggage.

Three of us flew with BA into Chicago and out of LA back in 2017, and to Venice in 2018. No one even queried the lids being carried on as hand luggage.

When it comes to travel, much has changed since 2018

Pre Covid, I was flying every few weeks for work, destinations from North America to China, mainly from T5 on BA. Last December we flew to Barbados, much more paperwork, changes on requirements and safety measures every few weeks.

This will be the first flight since, I’ve never flown with so much stuff.

Pre Covid, I was flying every few weeks for work, destinations from North America to China, mainly from T5 on BA. Last December we flew to Barbados, much more paperwork, changes on requirements and safety measures every few weeks.

Ah.I see.
I’m not such a seasoned traveller as you.You’d better check with BA to see how covid has impacted carrying a helmet onboard.
Just to be sure.

Flew back from Cape Town during Omicron (December '21) with my lid in my hand luggage - no problems. Have flown many times with it and never had any issues, just make sure it will fit in your carry on unless you can convince security it's a handbag.:p

I'm heading to Crete in September & the travel agent told me I won't be able to take my crash helmet on as hand luggage. I said I'd wear it & she told me I won't be allowed to.
I'll take it as hand luggage & see what happens. We're flying with Jet2.

Ah.I see.
I’m not such a seasoned traveller as you.You’d better check with BA to see how covid has impacted carrying a helmet onboard.
Just to be sure.

You're a bad man.......;):D

I suspect that lot (if it’s anything like European flights) all and only relates to health declarations and ongoing Covid requirements, not to hand luggage and motorcycle helmets (or violins for that matter) in particular.

Back
Top Bottom