BMW Pannier Rack - What Fits?

We Make Life A Ride

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On the 1250 GSA what panniers will fit the stock rack? Is it only the BMW Alu panniers and soft luggage that will fit?

For example I believe the Givi hard panniers require a whole new Givi rack in order to fit them. I believe the Givi top box also needs a separate plate fitted.

I'd appreciate any advice on this. Sorry if it's been covered before. I searched but did not find.

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Givi topbox does need a specific rack unkess you fit one of their universal plates, almost 100% sure the racks will only take bmw boxes........ secondhand they are the same price or cheaper than new Givi boxes especially when the Givi rack system is another £200 or £300 (depending on the panniers) but you will need the locks coded

On the 1250 GSA what panniers will fit the stock rack? Is it only the BMW Alu panniers and soft luggage that will fit?

For example I believe the Givi hard panniers require a whole new Givi rack in order to fit them. I believe the Givi top box also needs a separate plate fitted.

I'd appreciate any advice on this. Sorry if it's been covered before. I searched but did not find.

Many thanks.

SW Motech do adapter brackets I think, for the stock BMW’s racks, so you can fit SW Motech alloy panniers

There's a couple on eBay for an r1200 but am I right in saying they won't fit? Think exhaust on other side on r1200 so the smaller pannier on wrong side for the 1250.

I've got Bumot panniers for my 2018 1200 GSA. Fit oe rack like a glove.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom