Khulu's Road trip to Assen Motogp via Romania 2022

Thanks for posting all this its been an interesting read.. I've dipped in and out of it and not read it all as we were away on our summer jaunt at much the same time (Germany, Austria, France).. As a special treat I even caught Covid in Austria just to spice the trip up a little...

I'm interested in what tyres you managed to get 8,500 miles out of? Despite riding like a slow thing how come I can only ever get 5K out of mine? I've had metzelers, dunlops, contis... always the same.. Bugger!

Rich

Metzeler Tourance Next on a '63 Twincam and I hammered the last 443 miles to home..

Jeezo, that was quick! After all those miles though, the pull of home is strong! Well done on a great trip Iain and ta for sharing. :beerjug:

Doc would prescribe a substantial dram and a good night's sleep!

Sent from my moto e30 using Tapatalk

I had a bottle of red wine and a good night's sleep.

Just read this. Thoroughly enjoyable and it's providing some food for thought for me next year :beerjug:

Just read this. Thoroughly enjoyable and it's providing some food for thought for me next year :beerjug:

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I usually do a road trip report after I return home but thought I'd try a "live" one this year.
It was briefer than usual as I was using my phone and the pictures were fewer and not so good as, when I had a poor signal, it would only send in a lower quality.

Next summer I'm heading to Spain, through France, and Portugal.
Where do you fancy going next year?

I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I usually do a road trip report after I return home but thought I'd try a "live" one this year.
It was briefer than usual as I was using my phone and the pictures were fewer and not so good as, when I had a poor signal, it would only send in a lower quality.

Next summer I'm heading to Spain, through France, and Portugal.
Where do you fancy going next year?

I'd have thought you'd have been going to WWW2 ;)

On your doorstep :)

JaJaDee get yourself along and meet some of us

:)

Lotschburg tunnel from Kandesteg to Gopplestein. 30 minutes and the bikers have a seating carriage just for them. No queuing and on first - slick. My Nav 5 showed me a picture of a boat but the road signs showed a car on a bogie! I didn't know what was ahead. We must have been about 3000ft high.

4aedf50265a2d803841ffc4026e6380c.jpg

79518b5fee4c866a7876277f053b7625.jpg

53f000f4bead046ca4b857ce5c30a490.jpg

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Blimey Ive been round that area loads and never knew this existed......... now on the list :okay

Taking on board your recommendation I am now in Sibiu, old town to be precise. Gorgeous large piazzas I'm now cooking and loving it.

Once my bier cools me down I'll explore.

Transalpina was lovely: hardly a straight bit of road anywhere.

ccab69684eeb4a8afe783d39fc084d52.jpg

4cd0cec1c70815db4b62785e2fc703bf.jpg

124bcb9942295d818c3bd60527b9c945.jpg

3096ab80072be6f31feb5c180bf53ae8.jpg

30b7dbeee00b850ed71616f1f655ce87.jpg

fd3895d9393cc2433ad95d6c1ac9ec22.jpg

Fantastic, easily my fave place in Romania.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Shame the BMW thing was crap, the rest of the trip made up for it for sure.

Goslar and Osnabruck are looking especially nice.:beerjug:

Here's a wee (rather ironic) upgrade to the story.

As I said previously North Macedonia didn't let me in (other than 200m. to do a u-turn and leave) and Bulgaria was really hard work because I only had 2 copies of my V5C with me and they wanted to see the master one.

While packing my TB TC GSA for my coming first tour of the year I put some Euros in a plastic bag in my secret storage unit behind a pannier. In there I found a very grubby V5C copy in a plastic bag - no I didn't; I found my master V5C had been in there since I got the bike in 2015!!!!

I could have gotten into North Macedonia Greece and Bulgaria no problem!

Why they must see the original copy I still don't know.

However, I'm not going there this year so won't be asked for it anyway.

I did laugh at myself I must admit.

Twat!!!!

Top piece of original packing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a wee (rather ironic) upgrade to the story.

As I said previously North Macedonia didn't let me in (other than 200m. to do a u-turn and leave) and Bulgaria was really hard work because I only had 2 copies of my V5C with me and they wanted to see the master one.

While packing my TB TC GSA for my coming first tour of the year I put some Euros in a plastic bag in my secret storage unit behind a pannier. In there I found a very grubby V5C copy in a plastic bag - no I didn't; I found my master V5C had been in there since I got the bike in 2015!!!!

I could have gotten into North Macedonia Greece and Bulgaria no problem!

Why they must see the original copy I still don't know.

However, I'm not going there this year so won't be asked for it anyway.

I did laugh at myself I must admit.

Twat!!!!
That was a close shave for the Greeks, Bulgarians and Macedonians.😂

But fair play to you Iain for admitting it. Enjoy your next trip.👍🍻

Back
Top Bottom