2 nights camping here in Dorset and lovely it was too. June 2022.

Rusty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So here we are enjoying some super weather in the middle of July and I wish to share with you this great place I recently stayed at with an old mate from work.

g9NBCue.jpg

Now then, no connection to this place other than they have a gorgeous 8yr Border Collie called Aggi, (and I love Border Collies !) Simon and Sarah (if I remember correctly) originally from Sussex deserve a shout out for this place that they have been running now for a couple of years.

vkJwQMK.jpg

Nice decent pub inside serving great food in the evenings. We booked a table just in case it was busy but in mid June mid week and out of school holidays there was no need.

4XLG3OQ.jpg

There is a massive car park out the front and you can ride around the back to the field (where Aggi will bark and chase you !) passed the amenities to find your chosen spot.

Y0i3TWX.jpg

There was a big under cover double sink with hot water and a couple of big double charging points for mobiles and power packs etc.

rQNjq6Q.jpg

The toilets and showers were clean and tidy again with hot water on demand. Can't tell you what it would be like in the middle of summer during school holidays but we had it good.

Excellent wifi in the pub and out the back where there were big covered tented areas so even if it were wet you can still sit out under cover and enjoy it all.
Ice cold Peroni was always welcome.
9V5kQYU.jpg

There was plenty of field space and close by are 4 wig wammy things that we are going back to next year ... they look good. A double bed in the middle with singles either side for a family or just take the big bed for your self !

2S5Zfvh.jpg

As you can see .. all very nice clean and well thought out.

Ug0EKrf.jpg

We did a bit of local riding about, nothing too strenuous, obviously and thoroughly enjoyed what Dorset had to give.
A couple of hours away from my place . so not too far but far enough to be a little different. 3 hours or so from Charing Cross nick.

5JTTXAj.jpg
Now then now then, then now ....

This place was only 20 minutes away and eastbound ... you don't want to stay here I know that but you DO WANT to order their big full English, all yours with T and toast breakfast for £9.95. Bloody Hell it was good !

And here is the documentary evidence !

X2iKmZ9.jpg

A few weeks ago in Brecon I posted a similar photo of brekky and I was, quite rightly chastised for not having any Black pudding to show for it !!! So I have made amends !

That's it. Just a few photos and a recommendation of a good pub to camp at.
Booking.Com take 16% apparently so if you book direct they would appreciate it.
Enjoy and post up if you go.

That Vines is just outside Wimborne isn't it?

We love the gaggle of geese. They work really hard to make the place a success with live music comedy nights and even touring theatre shows. Just shows how pubs can survive if they really put the effort in its not like its on a main road.

Yes you are spot on ... just on the north side of the A31.

Been past it a couple of times in past two weeks, might have to pop in for breakfast. :)

Have you tried Wareham.?

Looks very nice, I’ve just got back from a 3 day break on the bikes in Somerset with a good friend, glorious weather there too. :green gri

Been past it a couple of times in past two weeks, might have to pop in for breakfast. :)

Have you tried Wareham.?

Wareham ... Down by Poole ? You have a recommendation ?

Excellent, i do like a rustic country pub with camping out the back.
Bookmarked.

I am from that fair County and now living in the Smoke. My kids both live in Sturminster Newton and my brother in Poole. Lovely part of the world that I sadly don't get much chance to see. I'm slightly biased in that there are many places to visit. In regards to Wareham, there is a gem of a road from Stoborough (Grange Road) towards the Hills once on top view most of Dorset and some of my old stomping grounds of the Lulworth Ranges.

Excellent report and accompanying pictures Rusty... great to hear from you my friend, hope and trust that you are in good health

Back
Top Bottom