Forgive me Twizzle, for I am about to sin ..

Who are you using for your parts etc? :nenau

Hello Si

Basically anyone who say that they have them or can get them!

ARH Customs and (thanks Doc) Ciro 3D online and my local dealer, Sykes HD - who supplied the Ultra - mostly, with Chester HD on-line as a reference/check. As the Le Pera seat is immediately required and no-once here had them in stock (back-order as and when, dates unknown) :eek: it came from a USA dealer/supplier via eBAY's "Global" system. £50 or so more expensive but, for me at least, necessary.

V-Twin Customs in Rye Harbour, East Sussex is my well-regarded independent HD tech.

Hello Si

ARH Customs and (thanks Doc) Ciro 3D online and my local dealer, Sykes HD - who supplied the Ultra - mostly, with Chester HD on-line as a reference/check. As the Le Pera seat is immediately required and no-once here had them in stock (back-order as and when, dates unknown) :eek: it came from a USA dealer/supplier via eBAY's "Global" system. £50 or so more expensive but, for me at least, necessary.

V-Twin Customs in Rye Harbour, East Sussex is my well-regarded independent HD tech.

Jersey HD is also a good one. Few of us shop there.

Hello Si

Jersey HD is also a good one. Few of us shop there.

And so it begins

The Le Pera seat has arrived safely and very nice it is too :D

However, there's a slight technical issue :

seat-bolts.jpg

This is what emerged when removing the original two-part seat. it looks as if these are fixing clamp bolts used by the non-OEM rider seat backrest that came with the bike. They are bolted in place on the underside which would mean removing just about everything to get to them ... :blast

Good job its booked in to have the reverse gear and Stage 2 upgrades installed this coming Saturday. Additional beer tokens may well be needed.

The Le Pera seat has arrived safely and very nice it is too :D

However, there's a slight technical issue :

seat-bolts.jpg

This is what emerged when removing the original two-part seat. it looks as if these are fixing clamp bolts used by the non-OEM rider seat backrest that came with the bike. They are bolted in place on the underside which would mean removing just about everything to get to them ... :blast

Good job its booked in to have the reverse gear and Stage 2 upgrades installed this coming Saturday. Additional beer tokens may well be needed.

They are just the fixing bolts for the back of the riders seat

Undo the two nuts, should be finger tight, and lift the seat off, the two bolts are threaded bar fixed to a base bracket, this is held in place with two white plastic captive washers which bite into the threads. ( you can see them under the seat bracket in your pictures.

It is not bolted underneath (as standard)

A: The Le Pera Seat should sit over the top - but if B: you want to remove, remove the first plastic captive washer, wrap some thin wire around the thread, then remove the second, it will drop down onto the wheel, the is enough space to pop your hand under the mudguard to retrieve the bracket, it can be done with all panniers etc in play…

I’ve removed, and replaced this fixing a few times with this method. When replacing, make sure the rear light cluster cable is seated in the recess on the bracket… you can do this by feel..

Undo the two nuts, should be finger tight, and lift the seat off, the two bolts are threaded bar fixed to a base bracket, this is held in place with two white plastic captive washers which bite into the threads. ( you can see them under the seat bracket in your pictures.

It is not bolted underneath (as standard)

A: The Le Pera Seat should sit over the top - but if B: you want to remove, remove the first plastic captive washer, wrap some thin wire around the thread, then remove the second, it will drop down onto the wheel, the is enough space to pop your hand under the mudguard to retrieve the bracket, it can be done with all panniers etc in play…

I’ve removed, and replaced this fixing a few times with this method. When replacing, make sure the rear light cluster cable is seated in the recess on the bracket… you can do this by feel..

Yer bang on Twizz, but most in this section are now spazzers, so they will just fuck it up.

:D:D…..

Left you a VM earlier….

Will call over the weekend.

Yer bang on Twizz, but most in this section are now spazzers, so they will just fuck it up.

:D:D…..

Left you a VM earlier….

Will call over the weekend.

Cheers...I can`t access VM, it requires a code that means I have to speak with a fucking imbecile in the UK, so all my VM is out the window and I never bothered with it anyways...We will catch up at some point...I am not often in a place that has a signal, that is why I call when I can...It is lovely being a spazzer:beerjug::D

Cheers...I can`t access VM, it requires a code that means I have to speak with a fucking imbecile in the UK, so all my VM is out the window and I never bothered with it anyways...We will catch up at some point...I am not often in a place that has a signal, that is why I call when I can...It is lovely being a spazzer:beerjug::D

Spazzer is good….

I have belatedly come to my senses by cancelling my order for the HD chrome centre stand.

Twizzle's recommended lifting jack is on its way instead:green gri - and a few other things as well :augie

I have belatedly come to my senses by cancelling my order for the HD chrome centre stand.

Twizzle's recommended lifting jack is on its way instead:green gri - and a few other things as well :augie

You have caught the disease early.;)

Back
Top Bottom